What does this message mean?

rsimhamb

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I was checking my case status online (wac-01-288-xxxxx) and saw this message:

"On January 17, 2003, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks
Ravi

Hey Alibaba - would it not have stated 'This case has been approved...' or something like that? Hate being a pessimist but the long wait (4 years) has taught me to err on the side of caution.

Cheers,

Ravi

rsim, we've seen this message on a few cases, and have no idea what it means. Once you get anything from INS, can you let us know?

Hi Silly Man,

Absolutely - I'll check with the lawyers as well and post the information.

Cheers,

Ravi

you can check AVM and see !

rsimhamb,

You can check AVM and online status and see if it is gives the same message, if not it can shed some light.

Or just wait untill u get the documents !
Hope it is always good news.

-RM

Hi Guys,

I should have stated this info in my first post in this thread, but here goes:

My company changed lawyers in September last year. For some reason, the first G-28 (change of legal representation) mailed to the INS by the new law firm was never recorded by the INS. Meanwhile, the INS generated an RFE on 12/31/02. I am yet to see the contents of the RFE.

We subsequently sumbitted a second G-28 to the INS in the frst week of Jan'03. Last week, we also faxed a copy of the G-28 faxed directly to the INS officer reviewing my case.

On Friday (01/17), the online status showed that an RFE had been issued, and today it shows the message in my first post in this thread.

I suspect it is something to do with the G-28...but we'll see.

Cheers,

Ravi

Hi Guys,

Does this sound like a denial of the application? What message is posted on the AVM if an application is denied?

Thanks,

Ravi

Rsim, you sound very stressed out. This message isn't the same as denial so far. There are 2-3 kinds of messages indicating denial, but this isn't one of them.

But, what is this message? Honestly, we don't know. But we are all hoping this is an approval.

Hey Silly Man,

Dude - you bet I'm stressed! Been waiting for too long :( .

So what does a denial message read like? Please humor me ....

Thanks for your support... :)

Cheers,

Ravi

I don't blame you Ravi. I've been waiting for 4ish years myself and I know the feeling.

Anyway, here are the examples,

Most common, (This gives you a chance to fightback).

A written decision in this case was mailed on November 26, 2002. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.

Another,

On November 21, 2001, your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was rejected as improperly filed and was mailed back for correction. The specific reasons are explained in detail on the rejection notice mailed with the case. You can refile this case, after you have corrected the problems.

And what we don't know about,

On December 12, 2002, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

So it seems .. this just might be an approval (looking @ the wording), and please do let us know ur details if this does turn out to be an approval. :) good luck.

It could possibly be the confirmation that INS has updated your record on their system, based on the second G-28 that you submitted.

I think it is the G-28, but is the receipt of the G-28 sufficient for the case status to change?

Cheers,

Ravi

Thanks Silly Man,

It pains me to take comfort in the fact that there are scores of others in the same situation.

Anyway your TIMEPASS remark lit up my day.

Cheers,

Ravi

Hi All,

So here is the low down on the weird message that is posted on the INS case status site.

The INS did not update the G-28 information in my file with the information of the new Lawyers. so they sent the RFE to the old lawyer. The old lawyer had changed addresses recently and the RFE package got sent back to the INS. The INS then sent the package to the new lawyers, which were received by them yesterday. The RFE is cool - employment verification, paystubs and 1040s, which we will be sending out to the INS tomorrow.

The message on the site was to acknowledge that the G-28 had indeed been associated with my file at the INS.

On another note - we filed for advance paroles on 12/27/02, and they were approved today.

So i'll be able to go home after 6 years....

Cheers and Thank You All,

Ravi