what does the message mean?

tsc11months

Registered Users (C)
Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On August 17, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

I think it is non sense! did you place an inquiry with 1-800 number. That is what the 800 number tell you when u call, the 800 rep told me "if you dont receive any information within 30 days call us back. I received really helpful information saying "your application was received on so and so date, we are processing so and so date, your case has been forwarded to a supervisor for review".

TSC really never fail to amaze me. I think they are creating all these non-sence messages to claim they implemented a new process of sharing more information about case status with customers.

my case with the same message as you do. But the interesting part is that I saw this massage yesterdy dated (LUD lastest updated date ? on their web) on 08/17. When I open the case tracking web site by USCIS, it is changed into today.

too_long,

I got almost the same message as you did, how long have u revd this message? My case is much similiar to yours but have one more FP(05/2004) and RFE(01/2004).

I got my msg through the AILA liasion that they forwarded my case to the supervisor on 07/26, I have to wait 30 days for an update.

Can you share with us what kind of procedure you took to get that msg?

Dear ec3182,

Learned from ur case that it is generic msg for those who forwared their case status inquery rather than Their Attorney.

It would be more clear if the above two ppl share with us their case history and if they had contact with cong/sent/aila etc for their case concerns.

Good LUck

P.O.J

for my case it appears a long story,

ND 05/01
RD 07/01
1FP 01/03
RFE 01/04
2FP 06/04

2 EADs
2 APs

Attorney contacted AILA for enquiry on 07/15/04, got response from AILA on 08/10/04 saying 'case has been forwarded to the supervisor of I485 unit, wait 30 days to get update'.
Sent letter to local Congressman on 08/05/04, haven't get anything back yet.
Called CIS 1-800 on 08/05/04 for status inquiry and received letter yesterday indicating 'Petition still pending, a request has been forwarded to the supervisor for review'.

I believe my case is in the longest waiting list in this forum, the fact that I knew at least 3 person other than me had the same situation, really don't know what is the percentage in TSC for the 01' filer's processing, that is what people called the TSC a 'black box', unfortunately, we only know a small portion of the I485 applicants here in this forum, lots of people never logon or post anything but just watch, each of them has their own story.

today's message

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On August 17, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from the USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283

* The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

I really think they are doing this to show they implemented procedures to share more info about cases with applicants. That sad truth is that they just change the wording, instead of plain "Your case is pending" they sometimes say "we sent u a letter saying your case is pending" and other times "if you dont receive the letter that your case is pending then contact us"
I bet they also do this to say that we respond to inquiries and we update the case status based on the inquiry.
ec3182
I received a letter from TSC after calling the 800 stating "your case has been forwarded to supervisor for review" did not hear anything after that.

file from File Room to Exam Section

I contacted local MC on August 5 and got response letter on Aug. 22 say that his contact in TSC ordered my file folders from File Room sent to Exam Section for Processing.

Does anyone know if it will help?

Back to my original message, today I got the response saying the exact things too_long told us before.

too_long, did you contact someone (I do not know who) to see how long the file will be on supervisor's desk?

Many thanks.

I just called the 800 number who forwarded the inquiry to TSC, and TSC sent me that letter. I have not followed up yet. The more time and energy I put into this, the more frustrated i get.
I am afraid if I follow up they will tell me that the supervisor is getting a new desk, after the new desk is installed and tested he would be able to review the case:)