what does last updated day in CIS Portfolio list mean??

gchope2

Registered Users (C)
what does last updated day in CIS Portfolio list mean??

Hi, everyone,

I just registered in CIS online account. To my surpise, the last date of update is 3/31/2004 for my 485, and 3/11/2004 for my spouse. But both on-line messages are still the same old ones: FP received on 1/15/2003.

Does that mean our files has been touched recently? and what could be possibely done to our files if touched? or those dates no actual meaning? I haven't heard anything from my lawyer either.

here is my detail:

485 RD 12/02/2002
1st FD done January, 2003
140 AD 9/11/2003
AP RD 2/5/2004

Thanks for any comments.

More information:

on protofolio, the last updated day for my AP application is 2/11/2004, not the same as our 485. so it seems my 485 updated day is not AP related. It's just my guess.

"Last updated Date" is raising lots of questions. You will find the meaning on the same page. It's written in the text format.

Basically what you said is correct and that's what the text format on the bottom will tell you that anytime some update is done to your case that date will change, however the original online message won't change.

For ex:
My online message states that RFE was received on April 16th, 2004 and then the "last updated date" is April 19th.

However, i haven't received any notification or anything.

That date is for real!!! i have read on other websites where the date goes back to year and people cases have not been touched.

My date is 10/16/2002, which is when the FP results were updated... For me at least, it makes sense, it also means that FP results were received in less than 1 day...

thanks for explanation,

but what could be done to my specific 485 case in terms of the last updated day? becasue I have not had any update, or RFE, or 2nd FD since 1/15/2003. The only change is AP filing, which the" last updated day" is 2/11/2004 (RD 2/5/2004). Do you think the "last updated day" (3/31/2004) of my 485 is related to AP?

hi, guys,

I just realized one thing, what I am talking about on "the last updated day" is not the ones you see on online case track. it's the one after you registered in online account, and it shows on your online portfolio list of all cases you registered.

Hope this help you explain it for me. Thanks.

I am confused.

Originally posted by gchope2
hi, guys,

I just realized one thing, what I am talking about on "the last updated day" is not the ones you see on online case track. it's the one after you registered in online account, and it shows on your online portfolio list of all cases you registered.

Hope this help you explain it for me. Thanks.

I am confused.

From the new web site ("portfolio" page):

Note on "Last Updated" date:
Your case may have a new "Last Updated" date and you may receive an Email Notification of your case being updated, without the status of the case changing. This is due to internal USCIS processing being performed on your Case. This will be reflected in the "Last Updated" date, but may not result in a different status message.

... In other words, your last updated date can change as a result of a status update or a non-status update. If there is a status update, you will receive an email and your status will change (RFE, FP, approval, etc.). If there is no VISIBLE status update, the date last updated is a result of "internal processing", which is not explicitly stated here, but could be anything from a adjudication officer looking at your case, adjudication officer being assigned, name check clearing, etc... This is speculation only, because internal processing can mean a lot of things... Basically, this date changing could mean your case in getting attention.

I have last updated date as "03/31/2004". Here's a little bit of background:

1)Finished FP in march 2003

2)Online message changed after finishing FP to "We mailed a FP notice on March 19th..."

3)AVM did say FP results were rec'd and processing resumed on March 25, 2003.

4)AVM and online changed to same message..(as in 2)

5)Last Feb(2004), called BCIS and told them about change in address. (Change in address was after FP)

6)Online message updated and now shows as "processing resumed". This happened in last week of march 2004.

Maybe, some process ran on 03/31/2004 that updated status for I-485 applications...who knows. It is anybody's guess as of now.

My I485 last internal updated date was some time in Dec 2003. In real life it says FP recd on dec 2002. But I got email from INS yesterday and today with the same status which is same for the last 18 months, but the internal updated date changed yesterday and today also. Same for the dependent petition also.

Any ideas?

Now I know the answer for that. Mine and spouse EAD (ND: 01/30) applications just got approved. Received 4 email notifications from INS for each application.

So, last updated date changed for 485?

Originally posted by NI2I
Now I know the answer for that. Mine and spouse EAD (ND: 01/30) applications just got approved. Received 4 email notifications from INS for each application.

....and u r thinking it is coz of ur EAD approval?

Same question folks,
My portfolio is showing "Last Upgrated" for Apr 15, 2004, Does any one know what that means?

Same question folks,
My portfolio is showing "Last Upgrated" for Apr 15, 2004, Does any one know what that means?

What is a "portfolio" - where are people seeing this information.

Is BCIS sending emails now for approvals?

Thanks

I have ead, ap and 485 applications for me and my wife. All show 02/25/2004. I am pretty sure that they were somehow triggered due to my 140 approval which was on the same day. Looks like some batch process updated the dates on all related applications of my 140 approval. So there seems to be some link between all my applications in the database(will that help in anyway is another long discussion). I am not very sure how much info will the last updated date give u(me: not very excited about it) on the application but at least it has got some of the minds thinking after such a long and monotonous wait.
My opinion.... I am getting :confused: and more :confused:

Since i registered on Monday...(on the Case status online)

My "Last Updated dates" are changing everyday from:
4/19
4/20 and now
4/21

Looks like they are playing soccer with my case............:rolleyes:

Thanks. I regd too- sounds cool. The id and pwd length- upper case etc sound funky.

In any case my 485 status is- last update 12/03/02- unchanged since FP1. So subsequent 140 approval, EAD2, AP2, Address Change etc did not trigger any update.

Thanks

Originally posted by sb_tiger
Thanks. I regd too- sounds cool. The id and pwd length- upper case etc sound funky.

In any case my 485 status is- last update 12/03/02- unchanged since FP1. So subsequent 140 approval, EAD2, AP2, Address Change etc did not trigger any update.

Thanks

Same here, FP1 received is the last update...

Originally posted by tufan
Since i registered on Monday...(on the Case status online)

My "Last Updated dates" are changing everyday from:
4/19
4/20 and now
4/21

Looks like they are playing soccer with my case............:rolleyes:

Fanshan, what's your date today? If you browsing the forum please reply.
Just curious.