dadababu2000

Registered Users (C)
Following are the details for mine and my wife's case

Service Center: Texas
DO: Miami

App Sent: 12/28/06
Rec. Date: 01/03/07
FP Date: 01/30/07

I was checking our status online almost everyday, as usual it was showing the following:

"Current Status: Case received and pending.

On January 3, 2007, we received this N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

Today it shows the following:

"Case Status Retrieval Failed
Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283
."

Doee this mean that we have been scheduled for interview?? Any idea anybody??

All it means is the automated system is never accurate. It could mean they took you out because they're getting ready for the interview, or it could mean they purged some of the numbers. Never go by the online automated system to show your status. It should actually be removed from the USCIS webpage.

The only way you'll know about your status, is when you get something in the mail...

It is likely that you will receive IL within next few days (up to a week). But some members of this forum also warn of cases when the status disappearance did not produce IL letter any time soon. In my case - I received IL within few days, similar to quite a few folks as reported here.

I'd say that 'never accurate' may be a too strong of a word. I prefer to think of it in terms of probabilities. And experiences from this forum seem to support this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some cases it might be accurate, but you won't know if it is or not. even the USCIS person on the phone told me don't go by the online status at all as it is not updated. I was never in the system to begin with from my N-400 to my citizenship. That's why I ended up calling to wonder why it never found my file. And many others have had similar experiences with outdate information or no information at all on there.

It just should be used to verify by any accuracy of your status...

Warlord is correct!

From the time I filed my application until I took the oath, the automated system was never able to retrieve my case number.