What does it mean

Getting _gc

Registered Users (C)
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Document OTHER THAN CARD manufactured and mailed.

On March 15, 2007, we mailed the document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online.

Sounds like you're approved, so congratulations. My guess is that the "document other than card" is the approval notice, and that the card itself is forthcoming shortly. Can you post your details pls?

Last edited by a moderator:
This message usually comes up when a notice sent by USCIS gets returned to them....

In most cases, it's a missed FP Notice (checkup with your lawyer - because he gets a second copy) or some other notice...
I got the message twice last 2 years....both for missed FP Notices....(how I wish - they meant approval HEE HEE)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with banta4gc. I had a similar situation with my approved I-140, which was sent to my old address.

Getting_GC
Did u figure out what this email is? I gt the same thing today?

Thx