What does it mean

Getting _gc

Registered Users (C)
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Document OTHER THAN CARD manufactured and mailed.

On March 15, 2007, we mailed the document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On March 15, 2007, we mailed the document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online.

I've been waiting that document for more than 30 days :(
Two days ago I called them and they suggested me to wait two more weeks:confused:

In my case, it is an error message

It is approval message.

It may not be an approval message in most cases. I got this message long back with application registration date. Since USCIS refined their status messages, some status codes are having confusing messages like this one.

And you need to get confirmation from USCIS by repetedly calling if this is an approval. All the best.

I got this message today

First I got this status update with 3 emails

Application Type: I140 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status: Notice returned as undeliverable.

On March 21, 2007, the post office returned our last written notice on this case as undeliverable. This can have serious effects on the processing of this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent.

Today I got another set of emails

Application Type: I140 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

On March 21, 2007, we mailed the document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

:mad: Waiting to see what I am going to get in the mail

Please share your experience/thoughts on this.

I got the same as Venkat

Frist

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS that was transferred to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location is now pending there. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Then
Current Status: Notice returned as undeliverable.

On March 21, 2007, the post office returned our last written notice on this case as undeliverable. This can have serious effects on the processing of this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent.

I called uscis to resend to my current address

Then Today 3/23/07

On March 22, 2007, we mailed the document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

First I got this status update with 3 emails

Today I got another set of emails

:mad: Waiting to see what I am going to get in the mail

Please share your experience/thoughts on this.

jacss - let me know what you get in mail

jacss,

Is the second email really due to an address change?

For my 140, not sure why I got "Underlivered mail status change" my employer or lawyer address didn't change but I moved.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Document other than card, might be a temporary card , in anycase you should be all set based on the following text "on our earlier approval of this case".
So obviously your I-485 is approved and you should have a few beers, drink a few for us as well.
I know a friend from a nation under civil unrest who also received a temporary card but he applied for refugee status and he received his GC in 3 months.

Pity me,born on the same soil as him,eligible for the same category as well, but my country doesn't exist as a political entity anymore, his does, so all else is moot.

it does not mean that this is approved notice, it can be anything. I received this message once and USCIS informed me that they have found some mistake in my documents.