What does it mean?

xyr888

Registered Users (C)
Hi gurus,

I did my FP on Dec.21 along with my family and our cases were updated online today, Dec.23 (It takes only 2 days.) What does the following message mean? Does it mean our FPs have been cleared by FBI in 2 days and returned to USCIS?

Current Status:

On December 23, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your
I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status
were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a
notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

Thanks in advance.

I am on the same boat as you...did my FP also on 12/21 and got LUD changed today. What does it all mean?

xyr888 said:
Hi gurus,

I did my FP on Dec.21 along with my family and our cases were updated online today, Dec.23 (It takes only 2 days.) What does the following message mean? Does it mean our FPs have been cleared by FBI in 2 days and returned to USCIS?

Current Status:

On December 23, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your
I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status
were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a
notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

Thanks in advance.

iiilkb said:
I am on the same boat as you...did my FP also on 12/21 and got LUD changed today. What does it all mean?

It means that FBI relayed the results of the fingerprint test (yes, they are quick with this) to USCIS. It usually takes FBI less time than it takes USCIS to update your case portfolio. What the results say depend upon your background viz-a-viz the law enforcement authorities.

That USCIS claims further processing has resumed on your case must be seen in perspective. It actually means that you case is yet to be adjudicated.

Well, for starters- you have an adjuticating officer who is updating files quickly

this is a good sign - keep an eye out for the next LUD change

what are your 485 dates ?

Hi,

I did my FP on August 17, 2004. But my online status is different.

Current Status:
On August 26, 2004, the fingerprints for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were collected and are pending review.

What does this message mean? how is it different from above one? Do I have do any thing from my side?