What does it mean?-the strange message from USCIS.

balabala

Registered Users (C)
My I485 has been approved 3 months ago (in August), my spouse and I filed 485 together, the latest finger prints were done 4 months ago (in July). My spouse's name check is still pending. Just got this message from USCIS today, does anyone get this kind of strange email at all? Any thing related to the namecheck?

----
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Fingerprints review completed.

Review of the fingerprints taken relating to this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS has been completed. Processing of this case continues. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

so this message for you OR your wife's case??

for my case is pending, yesterday online message changed for my I-485 and is same exactly you have. dont know this mean FP / name check cleared??

anybody having idea??

Thanks,
dice12
I-485 pending, EB3

GC_SEP2005
I dont think this message means NC completed bcos FP and NC both are different things. now USCIS implementing systems in more areas thats why now after FP results they are giving us updates.

any other thoughts for FP message welcome

Thanks
dice12
EB3

The message changed for me as well, but the status says "Received and Pending".
My FP is done in October 2006. Some how I never saw that status online, my namecheck is pending for a while now. For my spouse, namecheck is cleared and her status says FP review completed.

Raj

dice12 said:
GC_SEP2005
I dont think this message means NC completed bcos FP and NC both are different things. now USCIS implementing systems in more areas thats why now after FP results they are giving us updates.

any other thoughts for FP message welcome

Thanks
dice12
EB3

All,

FP and NC both are different things, so this message clearly says FP Review completed and not NC cleared.

dice12

balabala said:
My I485 has been approved 3 months ago (in August), my spouse and I filed 485 together, the latest finger prints were done 4 months ago (in July). My spouse's name check is still pending. Just got this message from USCIS today, does anyone get this kind of strange email at all? Any thing related to the namecheck?

----
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Review of the fingerprints taken relating to this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS has been completed. Processing of this case continues. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I noticed the same message for my spouse and me. My PD is not current.
I am EB3/INDIA/APRIL 30TH 2001

I am wondering if this is one of the mass updates again...

I guess my my message changed yesterday. The previous one was a shorter version of this one. I guess it did not have anything about 60 days before but I don't think it means anything. the LUD date is also not changed. BTW, I changed my address recently

On February 3, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register

dice12: The message is for my spouse (the PD is current) only. it does look like a mass update, just hope that's for the applicants who got NB cleared. so we need some input from ones who has similar situation without such update to confirm.

GC_SEP2005 : Thanks for the good words, hope that's real. Would you tell us if there are any reason/facts make you think that means Name check is cleared?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the similar message.

Review of the fingerprints taken relating to this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS has been completed. Processing of this case continues. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Our messages changed too...

Hi,

Mine & my spouse messages changed too. No LUD changes. We used to have a message relating to our first FP done in Jan' 05 and after that the message never changed until today even though we did 2 more FPs after the first one. My PD is current.

I have been stuck in NC for close to 2 years now. I very much hope that this message indicates a NC cleared.

140 RD June '03, AP May '05 (substitute labor)
485 RD Dec '04, AP ?

I really doubt about that, as we got the msg and LUD of recieving the FPs couple weeks after we did the FPs. Since that, my 485 got approved. and my spouse's had no changes since. If there's a necessary step for that, why did I get approval without this step. On Nov 17, my spouse got that strange msg, and another LUD on Nov 18 but same msg. I just cross the fingers......

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its Name Check

The reason why I believe its NC cleared is cause FP is sent back on the same day and that's what I found with my case also. I did not get any LUDs after my FP and its going to be a year now. When I inquired with FBI they said the FP results were sent the same day and when I inquired with USCIS and they sent me a letter saying my Backgroung check is pending. So with these facts I prsume that if you get an LUD saying FP is done it would convey that you FP, and NC is done. Hope this is true :)........I still have to read on any forum that they got LUD after FP and are stuck in NC. Let me know if I am wrong in understanding this.

balabala said:
I really doubt about that, as we got the msg and LUD of recieving the FPs couple weeks after we did the FPs. Since that, my 485 got approved. and my spouse's had no changes since. If there's a necessary step for that, why did I get approval without this step. On Nov 17, my spouse got that strange msg, and another LUD on Nov 18 but same msg. I just cross the fingers......

Lets hope it's namecheck!

My application is with VSC. I completed my first FP in July 2005 and my NC has been pending from then. I have got a similar message change as well.

Let us hope it is about clearing our name checks!

Rasi

All,

this is a mass updates happened across all service center, my friends from VSC, CSC, NSC all having same message.

so its nothing do with NC

Thanks,
DICE12