What does it mean "A written decision was mailed in this case on October 20".

Hassaan Aslam

Registered Users (C)
I have been waiting for my approval for a while. I got a RFE for W2\'s, Paystubs and Employement letter. The RFE was updated on August 14. Today I checked the AVM and it says that "a written decision was mailed in this case on October 20". Does this mean that my application was denied or does it mean that it was approved? Most of the time when the application is approved it usually says that the Case is approved. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

No Title

most likely denied.
 you will know the details only in the letter.
 what are your other details?

Details are

ND/RD 12/00
EAD 03/01
RFE for W\'2, Paystubs and employement letter 04/01
RFE Updated 08/14

I am not sure what might be the reason for this. I am stil with the same employer and noting has changed.

probably intent of denial, but you can fight

Try to anticipate what may have triggered the denial and decide how to correct it. If you send additional evidence to support your case you may revert the decision.
What\'s special for your case, so that it could be misinterpreted by INS to triger a denial? Depending on this you\'ll see what you can do. Unless is something really bad, you have chances to correct it and get the green card.

Additional Info

Well the only two things I can think of are:

a) My H1-B was filed under Software Applications Engineer. My I-485 was filed under Senior Software application Engineer.

b) The HR person at my company might have messed up on my title when INS asked for employment letter as part of the RFE, altough she claims to have listed the correct title.

Doesn\'t look too bad

a) as far as i know there\'s no need to start GC for the same job as H1
b) if somebody messed up the employment letter, this can be corrected.

Good luck and let us know when you get the paper.

Additional Info Small Nothing

Small Nothing thanks for the help. I do have one more question. My application was filed for AOS. While it was pending I got married and iled for my wife under Concellor processing. I checked the AVM for both cases and it has the same message. Do you know if that could trigger a denial?

Thanks