What does INS consider to approve I-485 .... RD or ND

amitkiran

Registered Users (C)
Just spoke to IIO. AS per her, INS approves cases notice date wise. She seems not clear about it. Last time IIO told that they consider RD and not ND. What is correct ?

just spoke to IIO again

Just spoke to another IIO. As per him... They consider approval according to the date when they feed info in their system... i.e; Notice Date but all other process like 180 days time period starts from Receipt Date.

about 180 days it is from ND according to murthy.com

It is from 12.10 chat in www.murthy.com:

Chat User : "receipt notice date " mentioned in JIT reports indicates RD or ND?

Attorney Murthy : RD is the RD but the filing date is the date the INS receives the petition or application, usually the ND.

No YUKIJ

YUKIJ;
Even I read murthy chat. She never specifically said its ND.
The last three words in your last sentence "usually the ND" are added by you I guess.

If it is ND, then all April/May filers are screwed !!!

Because our applications sat in the mail room for 11 weeks...

I think, INS will jump to August ND dates

I think INS will jump from April ND to August ND . They were having mailroom problem that time and started issuing notices in August.

Its from RD

RD is more important than ND. But in some locan INS offices and other places, IIOs are adamant that they do not want to look at RD. They only follow ND even though they are supposed to look at RD. But when lawyers involve and argue with them , they finally will accept RD and keep quiet. These problems arise when people go to local INS for EAD/AP etc when they do not get it from zonal INS even after waiting for 90 days (from RD).

That\'s what Attorney Murphy says....

You are right, that\'s what the attorney said (checked it). There are many views on the subject though, I just wish that we would be able to know something for sure, and not leave room for interpretation (especially when it can be used against us) . While everyone says 180 days from RD (for job chagers), I am still not 100% sure. A period of six to eight weeks from RD to ND is a long time in today\'s economy. Me, I\'ll try to think RD...