What does 485 Exams area mean?

telugodu

Registered Users (C)
I got a response to my SR indicating that my I485 application is in the process of being moved into I485 exams area as of 07/26 and 07/27...
That explains LUD update on my case on 07/27....

it is just another standard message of theirs

it is just another message of theirs basically saying we control you

I got a response to my SR indicating that my I485 application is in the process of being moved into I485 exams area as of 07/26 and 07/27...
That explains LUD update on my case on 07/27....

I'd guess it to be an intermediate queue between the general 485 queue and an officer-queue. I think you are one step closer now.

I'd guess it to be an intermediate queue between the general 485 queue and an officer-queue. I think you are one step closer now.

I think similar. We see aprovals soon who had LUD's in past 30-40 days. According to congressmen office, visa numbers are allocated before july 1st, whose cases are clreared with NC and valid FP

I Got Similar Response

I Got Similar Response From Congressman's Office

Lets Find Out What Is This

Then I Replied To Congressman But No Response Yet

Did You Take Any Steps After This??

Guys Please Research And Post What Does This Mean?

I received an email from the Senator's office that my file is in exams area waiting to be assigned to an examiner for review.(I never had any LUD's on my I-485 except one which was before my FP).It also mentioned that my namecheck is completed.
Earlier I had raised an SR and the reply to the SR was:The case is pending additional review and hence the delay.

So whenever someone gets a reply to the SR which states review/additional review/extended review, it means it is waiting for an examiner for a check.

Anyone with more info?

yellowrocks an you reply with the exact wordings of the respnse you got from the Congressmen?

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the explanation

Before handing over to Adjudication Officer the file will be with Exams Clerk in Exams Area. He will assign the petitions based on the work load of the Adjudicating Officers/Immigration Officer. Once it is assigned it is left to the person who is handling the case. Typical response I got is He/She may take 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week or 1 month and you need to wait(response is in angry tone).

After Adjudicating Officers/Immigration Officer completes the review he will then request visa number(normal process) but for people whose applications are with TSC and NSC they are lucky and if visa number assigned they will get approval notice and cards in 1-2 weeks.If not assigned then get back in line and wait for visa number.

If visa number is not assigned and even your application is approvable state they cannot request visa number from August 1st to September 30th because they are not available. In the entire process the people whose applications got transferred to local offices got effected since all the visa numbers are taken away by TSC and NSC and I am such unlucky person or maybe half lucky atleast where a Visa number is assigned to my wife(derivative) and I was not assigned due to lot of EB3 approvals and these Adjudicating Officer requested in E37 while my I140 Approval is in EB2 and he must be requesting from E21/E26 pool.

Exact Reply

Our system indicates that as of July 16, 2007, this case is located in our Exams division waiting to be assigned to an officer. You may want to inquire again in 60 days.

Thank you for your inquiry and please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have further questions regarding this case.

----------------

BY THE WAY ABOVE IS THE DAY WHEN I RAISED SERVICE REQUEST..

DOES ANYONE HAVE SIMILAR EXPERIENCE?

Looks like USCIS Customer Service invented this new stage of processing. so, they don't get too many enquiries (calls) from pending cases. :rolleyes:

I too had LUD on my 485(not on dependants) on 7/30 and 7/31.
Is that all who got LUD are in 485 exam area...?

thanks gcrayadu and yellowrocks,

Normally we have heard and read about "files being in staging area" awaiting to be assigned to an officer.

Per gcrayadu's post is the staging area different from or same as the examiners area ? (just different terminology)??

Regards.

I Never Had Any Lud

I Never Had Any Lud
My Last Lud Was On 3/15 With That Transfer Message

No Lud After Fingerprinting

When I Called Tsc Io Earlier They Said They Have Received My Fp And Name Check Is Cleared And Case Is Pending, No Visa Number Assigned And Not Assigned To Office

When I Called Again They Said They Havent Received My Fp

I Called Fbi They Said They Sent Fp The Same Day

When Congressmans Office Inquired I Got This Kind Of Response Of Exam Area.

What Exam They Need On My Case??????

Oh Now I Know Out Of All My Frustration

They Are Teaching Their Kids The Following:-

Behrampur Is A City On Orrissa, Which Is A State Of India Which Is A Country In Asia

C++ Used To Be A Language

Oracle Is A Database And Then
Their Kids See The Cases And The Person Who Takes Maximum Time To Write Answers Get Job At Uscis Confirmed..

Yellowrocks

All my friends who got approval never had any LUD , only few said they had LUD. So I dont think change in LUD triggers approval...You cannot predict what USCIS is doing for each case..

Never heard of Staging area maybe the same as Exams Area

I don't know about the Staging area. Maybe some Customer Rep use those words and maybe used interchanged. Please don't get excited by LUD's and sometimes it means some action on our petitions and sometimes absolutely nothing. For people whose applications are in Local Office we don't see any LUD's at all. Even after approval it does not show any update.Nor the service center Customer rep have access to our applications and give us update. There are two databases (1) National Database and (2) Local Database (no USCIS Local Offices are interconnected either).

Wow They Know Data Warehousing

Wow
Good News Folks

Uscis Now Knows Data Warehousing

They Know What Is Staging Area

Now Next Thing They Will Do Probably In 2011 Is Create An Operational Data Store Along With Data Marts, One Mart For Eb, One Mart For Fb

And Then Other Marts For Eb2, Eb3 Etc..

They Will Normalize The Database And Then After That You Will See Approvals In The Order It Was Received In 2015

backup

And they forget to take the backups so one fineday everyone ;-)

Wow
Good News Folks

Uscis Now Knows Data Warehousing

They Know What Is Staging Area

Now Next Thing They Will Do Probably In 2011 Is Create An Operational Data Store Along With Data Marts, One Mart For Eb, One Mart For Fb

And Then Other Marts For Eb2, Eb3 Etc..

They Will Normalize The Database And Then After That You Will See Approvals In The Order It Was Received In 2015

backups

they took backup in texas
then discovered backup database has more memory so point it to production

now what happened is backup database is running out of memory because finance did not approve budget and more and more resources are allocated and being used(visa numbers being used)

so no applications(candidates) know whether theirs will be in the queue or not

worlds most complex operating system theory cant even resolve it

its a round robin

sometimes LIFO
SOMETIMES FIFO

NO STANDARD THEORY

THATS USCIS ON WHOM A PHD CAN NEVER BE COMPLETED

telgodu,

Can you please post the exact words that you got in the USCIS letter in response to your SR?

Regards.

The wording goes this way..

"The file, as of yesterday ,7/26, is in route to the 485 exams area. Please allow 45 days and if you do not receive anything in the mail, please inquire again"