What documents needed for stamping

grinfo

Registered Users (C)
Can anyone list what are all the documents one needs to take to the local INS office to get the stamp on the passport?

thanks in advance

Chicago INS office

For me to get stamp, AP, EAD, Approval of I-485, 2 photos, I-94 and your passport.

Here are the list from my attorney.
1. Original I-485 approval notice sent to you from my office
2. Original drivers license (does not apply to kids)
3. Original passport valid for at least 1 year
4. Original EAD card (does not apply to kids)
5. Original Advance Parole
6. Original I-94 cards for initial entry or extensions (copies will also do, by the way)

By the way, does anybody know if I still need to tell INS about my address change after I got green card. My attorney say not necessary, but I do not buy it.

Take your EAD, Advance Parole if you have. Then I-94 from the passport, 2 photoes(ADIT style), Passport, 485 approval notice.

You need to file AR-11 address change form even though you are permanent resident. If you change addresses any time, you need to let INS know by sending this form within 10 days of such change. It is clearly mentioned and now it is a must. Be safe than sorry.

validity of passport

Iam waiting for approval.I replied to my RFE.My RD is 09/27/01.
I have seen in your previous post -required documents needed for approval as "Original passport valid for at least 1 year".
My passport is valid until Aug 2003.If approved can i get stamped on my passport.IS it ok if I send my passport for extension now and get stamped on the new passport after approval?Please advise.
Thanks in advance.

sent it soon

i got it stamed on a new passport.It should take lass that a week by mail and a day if you go in persom.

is it necessary

Thanks for your reply.But my question is- Do i need to apply for extension of my passport ( it is valid until august 2003) or get it stamped on my current passport ( when I get my 485 aaproval).After getting stamped on my passport can I apply for extension of my passport.Please advise me.
Iam expecting my approval very shortly.