What documents CAN I travel with?

ellet

Morning guys and gals,

My flight is on Wednesday, what documents am I allowed to travel with? My children are citizens and I have their social security cards and my drivers license. I'm travelling with a Visit Visa. Can I carry those with me?

I read someone on here had their Resume with them and they were denied entry at POE! Ouch! Obviously I want to take my children's Vaccine booklets with me. Is that ok? Or will they think that I want to stay in the US?

Normally, they won't ask you and/or question you (or any body else, for that matter)
on what you are carrying with, unless they suspect or feel something odd.
They come to this decision by the way you answer to the questions like:

Whom you are going to see / visit?
How much time you want to spend?
What you are going to do / planning to do on this trip?

As you already spent some time in US in the past, it really helps to be prepared
to answer questions about your last stay. Of course, in most of the cases, as
"Triple Citizen" said, you will only be asked obvious question(s).

Happy Journey.

Traveling with a copy of a summary of your children's medical records - especially if they have a preexisting condition is just what a good parent would do, IMO. You should not need their SS cards; they would be safer in a secure location in your home.

Your non-US DL will be useful; get an internation DL before you travel.. Since you are not a resident of the states anymore, your US DL really has no meaning as you do not reside at that address, Your passport is better ID for travel. As a USC, when I travel to distant states, I carry my passport since my state's DL is not noted to be one of the secure ones; also, TSA screeners may not be familiar with it so I am prepared if there is any question about my identity.

You should always have some necessary documents with You while traveling:
1. passport
2. Photo Identification Card
3. Trusted Traveler Cards
4. Documents related to medical records
5. Certificate of travel.