What documents are required for filing I140/485?

heha

Registered Users (C)
I just move to this forum from the labor forum.

I have a few questions on 140/485 filing.

1. what documents are required?
I heard that my birth certificate and criminal report are needed. Anything else? e.g., Do they need my spouse's birth certificate and criminal report?

2. CSC pilot program
I saw many people are talking about the pilot programming which adjucates concurrent filing EB2 I140/485 within 90 days? Does that simply mean that you can get the greencard within 90 days if you concurrently file 140 and 485 under EB2 category?

3. How to determine whether or not a case qualifies EB2 and who decides that?
For example, I have MS degree, do I qualify EB2? Is this decided by Department of Labor or INS?

I know these are dumb questions. But any information will be very helpful to me.

Thank you!

Hi Heha,

Goto Www.immihelp.com and find Adjustment of status.In that u will have all info.

Birth certificate is needed.No idea abt criminal certificate.

No idea abt pilot pgm

all the best

Regards
Kabish

heha said:
I just move to this forum from the labor forum.

I have a few questions on 140/485 filing.

1. what documents are required?
I heard that my birth certificate and criminal report are needed. Anything else? e.g., Do they need my spouse's birth certificate and criminal report?

2. CSC pilot program
I saw many people are talking about the pilot programming which adjucates concurrent filing EB2 I140/485 within 90 days? Does that simply mean that you can get the greencard within 90 days if you concurrently file 140 and 485 under EB2 category?

3. How to determine whether or not a case qualifies EB2 and who decides that?
For example, I have MS degree, do I qualify EB2? Is this decided by Department of Labor or INS?

I know these are dumb questions. But any information will be very helpful to me.

Thank you!

1. Birth certificate is must. Police verification is not needed.
2. It does not guarantee GC - all that it says is adjudication. If you are approved - you will get approval notice(courtesy copy). Stamping and getting card may take little longer.
3. Category is defined as per your LC.

kabish, Jharkhandi, thank you so much for your information.

Here is some information I gathered, hope it will be helpful to someone else.

1. notarized birth certificates for you and your spouse if applicable

2. notarized marriage certificate if applicable

3. You need a physical examination for filing I-485

heha
5/10/04