What documents are needed for Oath?

ebhs

Registered Users (C)
I received N-445 with the following doc list checked in,
1. N-445 filled in
2. GC
3. Re entry permit or Refugee Travel document?? :confused:
4. Any immigration documents you may have??. Is this N-652? :confused:
5. Bring children if application is on their behalf.

What are #3 and #4 means?. Appreciate any help. Thanks

ebhs said:
I received N-445 with the following doc list checked in,
1. N-445 filled in
2. GC
3. Re entry permit or Refugee Travel document?? :confused:
4. Any immigration documents you may have??. Is this N-652? :confused:
5. Bring children if application is on their behalf.

What are #3 and #4 means?. Appreciate any help. Thanks
# 4. It means if you have previosly held Immigration Documents. Examples are, all Employment Authorization Document(EAD), all Re entry permits, Green Card.

# 5. If the application is for your child then the child must be present for the oath.

Its a standard list that everybody gets - basically just bring yourself and your GC. There is no need to take the N-652 or even your passport.

How can an N-400 be for a child? I thought only adults applied for naturalization (and children "inherited" their parents' naturalization).

The only check boxes I had checked on my N-445 were "This letter", "Permanent Resident Card" and "Any immigration documents you may have"

Thank you all for your response. I am not sure why the children.... box was checked in for me. It doesn't apply for my case.

N-445

Had you already been for a citizenship interview and were you then given the N-652 form then which mentioned that they would send you a written decison? Please if yes, can you let me know after how long you did get to hear from the INS upon getting the N-652 form?

Thanks

wagogo said:
Had you already been for a citizenship interview and were you then given the N-652 form then which mentioned that they would send you a written decison? Please if yes, can you let me know after how long you did get to hear from the INS upon getting the N-652 form?

Thanks

Yes. I had my interview on 12/19(approved w/N-652) and received Oath letter on 1/4/07.