What do you think about it?

Jharkhandi

Registered Users (C)
Yesterday, I recd a call from one of my old colleagues, who applied 140/485 in Feb end from NSC. He got his FP done last week. He was equally surprised to hear that VSC has not sent out FP notices to people after July 2003.

The processing dates for NSC and VSC are too close as well (within 2 weeks of each other), but FP notices are not. FP completion on NSC is far ahead than that of VSC. Does it make any sense? Any feeling if memo is not implemented in VSC? I am sure everyone will agree that FP is the key on processing speed or am I missing something?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jharkhandi
This may imply that NSC is implementing the Fujie memo. VSC may follow, keep fingers creossed.
Regarding FP, I think just sending out FP notice does no good, just increases the service center load. They should send out FP notice only when they can process the case in a few months.

I140_2003

Jharkhandi said:
Yesterday, I recd a call from one of my old collegues, who applied 140/485 in Feb end from NSC. He got his FP done last week. He was equally surprised to hear that VSC has not sent out FP notices to people after July 2003.

The processing dates for NSC and VSC are too close as well(within 2 weeks of each other), but FP notices are not. FP completion on NSC is far ahead than that of VSC. Does it makes any sense? Any feeling if memo is not implemented in VSC? I am sure everyone will agree that FP is the key on processing speed or am I missing something?

Not true. I am a July 2003 but havent rcvd any FP yet. I am surprised to see your comment that says "VSC has not sent out FP notices to people after July 2003"

I140_2003 said:
Jharkhandi
This may imply that NSC is implementing the Fujie memo. VSC may follow, keep fingers creossed.
Regarding FP, I think just sending out FP notice does no good, just increases the service center load. They should send out FP notice only when they can process the case in a few months.

I140_2003
I do not understand one part. How does sending FP notice increases service center load - cause they have to get it done anyways!

karns said:
Not true. I am a July 2003 but havent rcvd any FP yet. I am surprised to see your comment that says "VSC has not sent out FP notices to people after July 2003"
Not sure about dates - thanks for correction. I thought, I have seen people of July getting FP notices. Anyway please tell me what is right date for FP?

P.S. Do not get carried by my understanding/quote of FP dates - please get to the essence of post.

i was thinking in the same lines

If VSC is serious in implementing Fuji Memo then it should first start sending FP while processing apps where I140 (filed before Aug 22nd 03) and I485 (no matter when it is filed) are still pending and FP is done along with Individual I140 Apps.

But even though it is little too early to say ( only two weeks into May) i don't think it is doing what is said above. On the other hand it is adjucating I140's (even when they are filed concurrently with I485) rather quickly compared to previous months.

It should have stopped the taking action on these I140's and issue FP notice then act on both the apps at the same time.( i will take gap of week or two)

Remember I140 processing date should drive the processing of both I485 and I140 . But the catch is FP . I haven't seen any FP notices being issued so i don' t think Fuji memo is completely implemented. ( there was case i think member Anna posted that her friend got I140 Approved and got FP notice for Oct and I485 Interview in Nov).

so i would wait for atleast another two weeks or so (end of may). If we don't see any actions on part VSC in the above said direction then it is really hard to say which path VSC is adapting in Processing concurrent filed apps
(no matter FP is Done or not).

The Famous "brigand" theory logically must come true if VSC wants to implement the memo. Even CSC is issuing FP notices very quickly, i think in two months or so.

But since NOBODY can tell how CIS works it is tough to say what kind a path they are going to take wrt to Fuji's memo.

Back to age old tradition of being left dazed, confused, piss** of at CIS and employer ( at least in some cases) then try to not to disintegrate your health ( mental and physical) ...

Jharkhandi said:
I do not understand one part. How does sending FP notice increases service center load - cause they have to get it done anyways!
Jharkhandi
The extra work is in doing it twice.

Right now, people from March'02 are getting approved. So, they still have 14 month's of FP's to process. They should utilize their resource to process the existing one's first.
As an applicant, what's the use of getting FP done knowing fully well, you have to do this again.

Jharkhandi said:
Not sure about dates - thanks for correction. I thought, I have seen people of July getting FP notices. Anyway please tell me what is right date for FP?

P.S. Do not get carried by my understanding/quote of FP dates - please get to the essence of post.

Jharkhandi...you are funny..hehe...I am not that emotional to get carried away by your incorrect FP dates. FYI, the last FP dates were for May 2003 if I am not mistaken.

hmd said:
If VSC is serious in implementing Fuji Memo then it should first start sending FP while processing apps where I140 (filed before Aug 22nd 03) and I485 (no matter when it is filed) are still pending and FP is done along with Individual I140 Apps.

But even though it is little too early to say ( only two weeks into May) i don't think it is doing what is said above. On the other hand it is adjucating I140's (even when they are filed concurrently with I485) rather quickly compared to previous months.

It should have stopped the taking action on these I140's and issue FP notice then act on both the apps at the same time.( i will take gap of week or two)

Remember I140 processing date should drive the processing of both I485 and I140 . But the catch is FP . I haven't seen any FP notices being issued so i don' t think Fuji memo is completely implemented. ( there was case i think member Anna posted that her friend got I140 Approved and got FP notice for Oct and I485 Interview in Nov).

so i would wait for atleast another two weeks or so (end of may). If we don't see any actions on part VSC in the above said direction then it is really hard to say which path VSC is adapting in Processing concurrent filed apps
(no matter FP is Done or not).

The Famous "brigand" theory logically must come true if VSC wants to implement the memo. Even CSC is issuing FP notices very quickly, i think in two months or so.

But since NOBODY can tell how CIS works it is tough to say what kind a path they are going to take wrt to Fuji's memo.

Back to age old tradition of being left dazed, confused, piss** of at CIS and employer ( at least in some cases) then try to not to disintegrate your health ( mental and physical) ...
hmd
I am not disaggreing with you. This is why I think they are doing this.

1) Holding 140 will make some resource idle.
2) Holding 140 will not reduce the backlog. The backlog is counted as a whole and not for 140's alone. With backlog reduction a prority this will not fly.

This is what they might be thinking:
Time taken to issue FP notice, collect FP and get it cleared -- 2 months.
After that 2 months, what will be the processing date -- Jan/Feb'04??
So, start implementing Fujie's memo with cases from Jan/Feb'04.

I140_2003

No problems- karns. And thanks for correcting me.

Yeah my point is the same as hmd's. If concurrent adjudication is to start, FP has to come in.

I140_2003,

Your analysis about Jan-Feb 2004 is plausible. But even they are not getting any FP notice and with current speed of processing - dates will surely hit Jan-Feb 2004 in 6-8 weeks.

Last FP dates were the end of June 2003 ... I'll post my last scan in I485 forum in a few minutes

karns said:
Jharkhandi...you are funny..hehe...I am not that emotional to get carried away by your incorrect FP dates. FYI, the last FP dates were for May 2003 if I am not mistaken.

I140_2003 said:
hmd
I am not disaggreing with you. This is why I think they are doing this.

1) Holding 140 will make some resource idle.
2) Holding 140 will not reduce the backlog. The backlog is counted as a whole and not for 140's alone. With backlog reduction a prority this will not fly.

This is what they might be thinking:
Time taken to issue FP notice, collect FP and get it cleared -- 2 months.
After that 2 months, what will be the processing date -- Jan/Feb'04??
So, start implementing Fujie's memo with cases from Jan/Feb'04.

I140_2003

1.Why can't they allocate that resource to reducing I485 backlog.

2. When you talk of backlogs i think the biggest problem is not I140 but I485.

I think VSC wants to reduce backlogs altoghter ( both I140's and I485) at least on paper. ( in reality we all know it could be quiet different.). They are on FEb 02 for I485 so they have atleast little more than 2 years of backlog

So i seriously doubt after 2 months or say 4 months they will start implementing Fuji's memo. But hey i wouldn't bet on it if i were you because LOGIC is something which is quiet alien to CIS. ( may not be intentional )

I want to see FP notices NOW..then i will believe that fuji's memo is being considered .

Remember FP's are valid for 15 months. Unless they don't have space to store FP's in their Databases which could be reason as well for not issuing FP notices.

nemessis said:
Last FP dates were the end of June 2003 ... I'll post my last scan in I485 forum in a few minutes

Thanks Nemesis. So you got this info by scanning?

nemessis said:

Please do .
btw my ND for 485 is 10/02/03. so i am also eagerly waiting for FP notice.(may be little too early)
I140 ND 07/07/03
RFE sent 04/19/2003. for Company financials
Not yet replied

hmd
Good argument. But the I140 resources may not capable of handling 485. But the resources who handles FP might, as they are part of the same team.
I was following the VSC 485 thread, there were quite a few approvals last week. I think they have started working on 485.

Yes, we need to see FP notices now to be sure Fujie's memo is being implemented.

I140_2003

I140_2003 said:
But the I140 resources may not capable of handling 485.
I140_2003

Are you questiong the ability of CIS Employees ?? :D How dare you ?? :)

I don' think that is true. When they can allocate H1B resources to I140 processing i don' t think there is an issue with allocating an I140 resources to I485.

As a matter of fact i think I485 is the easiest of the both ( I140,I485) wrt complexity even though it might be tidous and labour intensive :rolleyes:

hmd said:
Are you questiong the ability of CIS Employees ?? :D How dare you ?? :)

I don' think that is true. When they can allocate H1B resources to I140 processing i don' t think there is an issue with allocating an I140 resources to I485.

As a matter of fact i think I485 is the easiest of the both ( I140,I485) wrt complexity even though it might be tidous and labour intensive :rolleyes:
:D
Hmm...I think it is well established that 140 and H1B resources are interchangeable. This has happened before. Last October, with new H1B load, i140 started to lag behind. When h1B quota was filled up they allocated those resources back to 140 and we all know what happened.

Maybe, they want to process as many 140 as possible before October.