What do I need to bring to get an I-EAD

lkong

Registered Users (C)
Applied EAD 2/4/04 to Taxas and got trnsfered to Charlotte NC because the 485 case trasfer. Never got anything except the transfer notice since then. Need go get i-ead. What documents do I need to bring. Never got the i-ead before, how difficult is the process?

thanks

I don't know about NC, but Houston is very tough. Look for an upcoming new thread for my recent experience.

In Tampa things were fairly easy for me. I too the following docs,

completed EAD application form

copy of I-94 front and back

copy of EAD app receipt

copy of I-485 app receipt

copy of I-360 approval notice

I waited for 40 mintues, saw an extemely helpful and friendly immigration officer, he took all my details and confirmed that it is over 90 days since my intial application. He thn gave me an appointment to return next Wednesday and collect the IEAD.

Father Mike

Got iEAD from Charlotte NC

got there @6:30, about 25 people already there. Officer started calling for ones who has a apointment @7:00. @ 7:30 the they start give tickets. arountd 8:15 my name was called and the lady asked for I485 receipt notice, EAD receipt notice and newly filled EAD application form. Since my I-485 documents are transfered there, they went back to check all the files. It took them about 45 min. Then they asked me back @2:00 PM. (for the one whose files are in texas, I believe they do not do that. They let you come back @2PM.) They started take pictures and issue after 2:30. only about 15 people need EAD. It should not have taken a lot time, but their computer was broke after a couple of EAD issued. It take them a about an hour to fix. I left there @4:00.
suggestion: If you go for EAD in Charlotte office , you do not need to go early. No matter how early you go, they wait to the last to issue EAD or any other card need to take a picture. I believe you may get there @11:00 and still safe. They will stop issue tickets @12:00.