What do I have to declare regarding taxes in this situation?

Sue86

I am a new green card holder living overseas. I know even if I don't live in the U.S., I have to declare my worldwide/international income to IRS.

I do not work so I don't have my own income from working but I will get money from my government every month after my child's birth. I am a student and a housewife. Do I have anything to declare like money by which my U.S. citizen husband supports me and our child (he is a soldier and currently deployed) and the money I get from my government? If so, could someone please tell me what kind of other income I would need to declare?

Thank you in advance.

The easiest way for you would be to file a joint tax return with your husband. Since your husband is a US Citizen, he is going to file his taxes anyway. You file a joint return with him.

As for money you get from your government, i am not sure if that is taxable. But i believe you have to show your income from all sources in your US tax return. I do not know if that money (from a different government) is taxable in US or not. You might want to consult an accountant.