What do I do with my old Indian passport

steelersfan

Registered Users (C)
Now that my US passport app has been submitted, what do I do with my old Indian passport? Send it in to the embassy?

You will need it at the time of applying for a first time indian visa or OCI. Indian consulate will cancel your indian passport and return it to you.

Now that my US passport app has been submitted, what do I do with my old Indian passport? Send it in to the embassy?

Keep it as a souvenir. Don't need to send it in to the embassy unless you are applying for a passport/visa/OCI.- :)

Keep it as a souvenir. Don't need to send it in to the embassy unless you are applying for a passport/visa/OCI.- :)

Hi Rick92,

Firtly congRATS on completing your citizenship journey. I was stuck in the oath pipeline (and before that in the NC and FP pipelines :mad:). But now I'm getting close to completion. See sign below.

Since you applied for the US PP recently, I have a couple of Qs for you. Did you apply for the expedited one or the regular one? If applying for the expedited one, do you have to provide a travel itinerary to the passport office. I think it is only required if you are applying for the same day passport but I thought I should check.

Also, I plan to get married soon after the oath. My fiancee is here in the US. Can I amend the marriage information in the passport later or should I wait until the wedding date to apply for the passport.

Thanks in prior.

AP