What do I do with documents...suggestions

The scans you get from a FOIA/FOIPA request are not good quality. Scan them yourself with a decent scanner and you'll get a much better result. I would keep the documents, either as original or scanned. You never know if you'll need to refer to them in the future, for example to apply for a replacement naturalization certificate if you lose it, and you don't remember your A-number. Anyway, the likelihood of needing them is not big so it's up to you what to do with all that paperwork. I'm keeping mine.

Sar,

How did your FP appt go? :confused: I understand that they FP all toes for for all N400, specifically for all NY applicants.. ::)

Yes, all toes. Went directly after the gym, took my shoes off and then they said it'll be tough to be cleared because I do own WMD.

Ok, I actually walked in last week on 8/12 because I was supposed to be in Canada for work this week. At the end I had to cancel my business trip anyways. In and out in 5 minutes. Tha ASC is 10 minutes from my apartment and literally around the corner from my office.

Nope..:D You mean, I have to send you my life, health, car and property insurance docs to put them on a dvd? :confused: I'd rather scan key documents myself every two weekends like I currently do, even with credit card statements. Your immigration docs shouldn't available to every person, especially if someone breaks into your apts or home, run away with a box full of those documents. Can you imagine someone living in CA or NY under your name and everything? However, with electronic copies, as long as you have strong firewall and aren't doped by online hackers, you are on solid ground. :p Moreover, create three passwords for your home files which will help you a great deal against any smarty pants hacking into your machines.

Lastly, you and spouse should know where every important documents are located at all times. If you suddenly die, who's going to find your documents? :rolleyes: So, trust your wife or husband with your password, you already trust him/her to sleep and snore all night side-by-side with them, so is your password more important than your life? It was my plug-in for stronger marriages...:cool: If you are audited by some govt agency, knowing where important documents are should be enough because you can't pull the documents out of the file to show them... Auditing 101.:)

I keep them all offline. The chance of scanned documents ending up on the bittorrent / file sharing sites inadvertently is higher than some cracker getting in purposefully. So keep all your important scanned files offline on a disk / dvd (multi session writes if you keep adding files to a dvd).