What do Green Card categories mean?

Hero557

Where can I find information on what the categories "AS" mean on a green card mean? I know this much that they are given to asylees. But what do the numbers mean -AS6 or AS8

Thank you

AS6 principal assyle
AS7 spouse of asylee
AS8 Children of asylee

Yes, those AS code bother us very much.

Chinese Customs knows it very well.

Last year, I returned to China to see my grandmother, BJS's customs asked me into a small house and questioned me for 30 Min. As I am a young man, they let me in and out. i dared not to go to China again.

Yes, those AS code bother us very much.

Chinese Customs knows it very well.

Last year, I returned to China to see my grandmother, BJS's customs asked me into a small house and questioned me for 30 Min. As I am a young man, they let me in and out. i dared not to go to China again.

Can you give a little more detail? What did they ask you? Mega thanks.

Can you give a little more detail? What did they ask you? Mega thanks.

Mega:

They asked me why you applied political asylum in USA. As I am AS 8, they asked who in your family did: Dad and mom? Why you came back to China? I told them my grandmom is sick, so I returned on my Dad's behalf. They know very clearly about those codes.

Mega:

They asked me why you applied political asylum in USA. As I am AS 8, they asked who in your family did: Dad and mom? Why you came back to China? I told them my grandmom is sick, so I returned on my Dad's behalf. They know very clearly about those codes.

Dear Eddy,

How was this resolved ultimately? Did they allow you to leave China on the same date? My cousin was prevented from exiting China two weekso ago and he is still stuck there. Thanks.

Did they tell you never come back to China again or something like that?

Dear Eddy,

How was this resolved ultimately? Did they allow you to leave China on the same date? My cousin was prevented from exiting China two weekso ago and he is still stuck there. Thanks.

Did they tell you never come back to China again or something like that?

Dear Friend:

I left two days after I saw my grandmother as I promosed them I only need to see my grandmom. I felt there were plain police followed me all the time.

The time I left, I had no trouble.

Good Bye, China, my motherland. I will not come back again. The first time I left China, I was only 7 years old.

This is our Chinese's miserable fate.

Eddy,

It looks like you have spent the bulk of your life in the free world. :):)

It is a tragedy that China is governed by Communist thugs.

Did you enter China with your Chinese passport or what?

Dear Friend:

I left two days after I saw my grandmother as I promosed them I only need to see my grandmom. I felt there were plain police followed me all the time.

The time I left, I had no trouble.

Good Bye, China, my motherland. I will not come back again. The first time I left China, I was only 7 years old.

This is our Chinese's miserable fate.

Eddy,

The Chinese people have very miserable fates. I left the country at age 11, after the government killed my parents. The Chinese government is made up of a bunch of sociopaths.

Eddy,

The Chinese people have very miserable fates. I left the country at age 11, after the government killed my parents. The Chinese government is made up of a bunch of sociopaths.

I am terribly sorry to hear your past history. Communists in China have created untold misery for children and adults alike.

no way to hide. otherwize, you cannot leave China.

I'm thinking get advance parole before you leave US, and show passport only when you enter China, then show advance parole and passport only when you leave China.
But I don't know if there any different wording on the advance parole that shows you are asylee, anyone knows?

I'm thinking get advance parole before you leave US, and show passport only when you enter China, then show advance parole and passport only when you leave China.
But I don't know if there any different wording on the advance parole that shows you are asylee, anyone knows?

You cannot get advance parole if you are a permanent resident.

While you are leaving China, China customs needs your GC to slash into their computer. Their computer shows all your data of GC, then you are allow to leave.

No way to hide.

only a Chinese passport, with GC, you just go back your old house in China.

While you are leaving China, China customs needs your GC to slash into their computer. Their computer shows all your data of GC, then you are allow to leave.

No way to hide.

Do you have to show them your green card? Did they ask you to show the GC?

I'm planning to go back to China too. We have the same status. I thought the Chinese Custom does't ask for your GC if you don't show them at the first place.

No way to hide.

what do you mean by slashing the green card onto their computer? They swipe the card?

Do you have to show them your green card? Did they ask you to show the GC?

I'm planning to go back to China too. We have the same status. I thought the Chinese Custom does't ask for your GC if you don't show them at the first place.

You have to show something to demonstrate that you can enter a foreign country. One person I know tried to show a reentry permit but the custom got suspicious and insisted on seeing a GC. It all depends on the custom goon you see.