What could this email mean?

tarun_j

Registered Users (C)
Hello Folks,

I got the following email from USCIS yesterday for my wife's case who is a derivative applicant. I haven't received anything about my case from them yet and online case status still shows ... received on May 29, 2002 blah blah..... We have never been FP'ed, never changed address or employer. But I did ask my attorney to to write to USCIS about out cases about 15 days back. I wonder if this is a response to that request? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On December 1, 2004, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

Tarun

It could mean anything, its a general message used for many situations. Its one of the most meaningless messages used besides the one saying that they responded to your inquiry about the case. Don't read into it too much.

1) RFE
2) FP Notice
3) Approval
4) Response to an inquiry
5) Anything else, but most probably not a denial.

I have also noticed that this message only appears when something is directly mailed to the applicant (as opposed to mailing it to the attorney).

For example if you have applied for AP thru your attorney, the approval goes to the attorney and you see the regular message which says "This case has been approved ... ". But if you apply for AP on your own and the approval is mailed to you then the message says "... the document we made based on the approval or registration ... ".

Not only this is a meaningless message, but also confusing. if u call the 800 number, many of the reps will tell u it means approval, and they will issue a non delivery not an inquiry!!!!!