What could be the impact on case if it is re-submitting again and again, Family-based I-130

ahmednoman

Registered Users (C)
I want to ask 3 small questions which is related to Family-based I-130 question, my father inlaw he is US citizen he applied the I 130 for his daughter before marriage , later on she got married the cased was re-submitted with latest information, this case stacked on some stage and nothing happened for years
So 3rd time this case re-submitted after 6 years with new file number to California service center, current status is “Initial review”
My Questions are.
1) What could be the impact on case if it is re-submitting again and again
2) What time frame will it take to reach to the final decision?
3) Medical background of petitioner can be expediting the case process.

Did she marry before or after he became a US citizen? There was no need to file a new I-130 if he already was a US citizen when she got married.

this case stacked on some stage and nothing happened for years...
For married children of US citizens (Category F3), the backlog is more than 10 years, so it's normal for nothing to happen for years. He shouldn't file a new petition; a new petition would be sent to the back of the line to wait another 10+ years.

He needs to find an attorney and try to resume the original application with its old priority date. He should stop trying to manage to the case by himself because he doesn't know what in the world he's doing.

Dear Jackolantern,

Thanks for your reply, Yes she got married before her father got US citizenship, I would be thankful if you can give me some good lawyer number/email ID so communicate with him/her to know the complication of the case.
I am outside the US.

Regards
Noman

Yes she got married before her father got US citizenship
Getting married when her father was still a noncitizen would have voided the first petition. So the second filing was required, but the 3rd one was redundant.

However, if the second filing was also before he became a US citizen, it would also be null and void due to her marriage, thus making the 3rd one necessary.

Dear Jackolantern,
Thanks for your reply, but on each till upto 2nd time receipts number was same and on third time receipt number change, is it normal ?

Regards