What constitutes inspection?

The_Journey

Registered Users (C)
I might be in the wrong forum here, but my mom filed an AOS (through marriage) for her, me and my sister.

However, what do we need to prove we entered with inspection and not an EWI?

The only thing that we have is our passport which has a stamp that says the following:

"U.S. IMMIGRATION
LOS
ADMITTED
<Date entered>

CLASS
UNTIL _____
"

I have a suspicion that this does not constitute inspection, so how royally screwed are we?

However, we already got our EAD's, so did they already check and approve that we entered with inspection? Am I just worrying too much?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have an i-94?

Inspection usually refers that you talked to a customs officer when you showed your passport and got stamped at the port of entry.

As far as my mom know, we do not have an I-94. When we landed she said she gave the officers our passport and they gave it back to us with that stamp.

As for my original post, does having the EADs a sign that they accepted that we entered with inspection?

What will happen at the interview for GC if we do not have the I-94?

I may be too generous of the USCIS to say this, but wouldn't they have some kind of an electronic database that keeps the records of all aliens who entered with inspection?

Should we even bother to file an I-102 to replace the I-94? It does cost a lot of money.

Again, will the IO reject the AOS in the interview for failing to produce an I-94? Would it be ok if we just present our passport with the stamp stated in the original post?

If you met with an immigration officer who made the decision to let you in, and you didn't tell any lies to the officer, it means you entered with inspection even if you didn't get an I-94.

The copy of your B2 visa and the passport stamp you got is sufficient for proof of inspection. You don't need to file I-102. The visa shows you were eligible to enter with inspection, and they can use the visa number to look up your actual entry in the system.

However, we already got our EAD's, so did they already check and approve that we entered with inspection?
It's not a guarantee of anything, since they sometimes approve EAD's when all your papers are not in good order. But usually by now if they thought you were lacking in proof of inspection, they would have sent an RFE asking for such proof.