What causes AP delays?

gsingh72

Registered Users (C)
My AP at VSC is pending from 28th July 2003.

I was wondering what can cause this much delayseeing Sep/Oct AP approvals..
Does anyone know what do they check for approving AP.?

What to do ?:(

they probably shifted most AP sources to do other stuff. It has been very slow. I got approved last week, RD Sep 2003

There was rumor that special paper required for printing the advance parole were out of stock. There was suggestion/ Offer that we can send the special paper along with AP application if they want.

Another rumor was that all the staff is involved in finding out new name for USCIS.

There is no excuse

For a delay that long. This is just my opinion so take no offense.
If I were you, I would stop looking for a reason (because it is bound to be speculation) and explore legal options.

The INS is *not* doing the applicant a favour by approving applications. There are clearly prescribed time periods for these applications which they have to follow (they didn't for the 485
and hence Rajiv's case)

For the Advance Parole, the time period that you see at the bottom of your application receipt is what it should take.

If as in your case it has taken 6 to 7 months beyond that, that
in my opinion is clearly a case for you to petition for a mandamus.

Hope things work out for you.
Frere

Re: There is no excuse

Originally posted by FrereTuck
For a delay that long. This is just my opinion so take no offense.
If I were you, I would stop looking for a reason (because it is bound to be speculation) and explore legal options.

The INS is *not* doing the applicant a favour by approving applications. There are clearly prescribed time periods for these applications which they have to follow (they didn't for the 485
and hence Rajiv's case)

For the Advance Parole, the time period that you see at the bottom of your application receipt is what it should take.

If as in your case it has taken 6 to 7 months beyond that, that
in my opinion is clearly a case for you to petition for a mandamus.

Hope things work out for you.
Frere

WHat happens by filing that?? my case has taken 7 months now...waiting since JULY 2003 !!!

AP delays

Well, actually I think they have been using the AP paper as toilet paper over the past several months. That's the reason for the shortage of AP paper and the consequent delays. If anyone else has a better explanation, please be kind enough to post it. :D

perfectly said

Hi Resolved1

I totally agree with your explanation rather than trying to interpret it according to rumours/facts etc. I just laughed at
your reply and it really made sense amidst this agony and
the inefficient system. A perfect answer.

Sekar

Humor and sarcasm is the only way out of this insanity. We all know the system is absolutely inefficient and callous. The BCIS is a big, black hole. Whether the current delays are by accident or deliberate (I lean more and more towards the second explanation keeping the post 9/11 scenario in mind), the only way to vent your frustration is through such means. Believe me, Ashcroft and Bush care little about the legals presently. We immigrants have become the scapegoats of all that's currently wrong with the country. Many of us are not even associated with the IT industry which is the current source of resentment in the US. In addition, most of us are highly educated, responsible, tax paying long-time residents of this country. To be treated like we don't matter is a disgrace. This would be a slam-dunk winning lawsuit were we citizens with a similar grievance.

Hi,

There was some printing problem with Advance Parole applications. (got news from another website). they are working hard to clear the backlog.

Thanks.

Aha, got me thinking about that one. I think I have a simple explanation. Remember, Bush has promised all the illegals temporary work cards so he can pocket the huge Hispanic vote bank? Well, the plastic is not being wasted, my friend! No siree! No remoulding of the plastic into little flower vases for the front office. It's being put to good use. Next time you see your neighborhood friendly illegal in the grocery isle, he will be more than happy to show you his temporary work card.:)

Waiting Since July

My wife's AP has July 2003 ND still no action. We have called 800 number twice over last 3 months. Everytime they told us that they will issue an inquiry but nothing has happened.