What can we do when it is stuck at name check?

Utah2002

I have contacted FBI name check a few times since end of April and so far no response from FBI. I believe that my name is either a hit or INS does not send the name check request to FBI.

What can we do at this stage?

1) contact the senator or congressman?
2) contact the company lawyer?

Your suggestions will be appreciated.

UTGC2002 said:
I have contacted FBI name check a few times since end of April and so far no response from FBI. I believe that my name is either a hit or INS does not send the name check request to FBI.

What can we do at this stage?

1) contact the senator or congressman?
2) contact the company lawyer?

Your suggestions will be appreciated.

Try calling this number 202 324 2399 (have your A# and DOB ready)
I called FBI and they gave me this number to call the name check company. You need to leave your details and they will call you back in 24 hours or so.

Ak2003 said:
Try calling this number 202 324 2399 (have your A# and DOB ready)
I called FBI and they gave me this number to call the name check company. You need to leave your details and they will call you back in 24 hours or so.

I'm in the same boat. I called twice already the number you wrote and I did not get any answer until now. I'm waiting for 9 months for a name check since my FP were cleared 9 months ago ( the next day after being sent to them ) . :(

Yafoulli said:
I'm in the same boat. I called twice already the number you wrote and I did not get any answer until now. I'm waiting for 9 months for a name check since my FP were cleared 9 months ago ( the next day after being sent to them ) . :(

How did u know you are stuck on the name check.
Do you have a middle eastern (muslim) name.
Just curious, please dont feel offended, i just want to know why its stuck.

I strongly think that my name is stuck since I was told by CIS , the FBI misspelled my name and I had to wait for them to correct it.

NO, I don't have a "muslim" name

I have contacted FBI a little over 24 hours and I haven't heard from them yet. Does the online message change once the name check is cleared or does it just remain the same..."your FP have been reviewed and the processing on your cases has been resumed".

thanks

My case was transfered to Seattle, I got the interview and was told to wait.....

After the interview last month, I was told to wait for the name check clearance. I faxed FBI three weeks ago to ask for my name check result, I have not heard anything from them.

I am so sick of this of waiting and waiting and waiting. I am a Vietnamese Canadian, and have nothing to do with the Middle East and half of my family are American citizens. If I wished I could got a job in Canada and stay there.

INS is a box of chocolate and you do not know what you get. It is very depressed if you are unlucky. Bad luck have been chasing me for many years. This life is too short and why this system make too many of us miserable????

I sent a fax request to FBI on June 29th to check my status on "Name Check". I got an email today from FBI stating that USCIS had requested a name check on July 21st, 2003 and the status is still pending.

My ND for my I-140 and I-485 is July 17th 2003. I am not sure if USCIS would send a name check request in a week after I applied. Maybe the officer typed 2003 instead of 2004. I am not sure. I have sent another email to that officer asking for more details. I will keep you posted.

I faxed to ask FBI about my name check more than a month ago. I have not heard anything from them yet. :(

Yafoulli said:
I strongly think that my name is stuck since I was told by CIS , the FBI misspelled my name and I had to wait for them to correct it.

NO, I don't have a "muslim" name

Yafoulli

I am just wondering how CIS told you that FBI had misspelled your name?
What conversation led to the information that CIS gave you. I just got an email from FBI today after a month that my name check status is pending since UCIS made a request a year ago ( a week after I applied for I-485). I just want to make sure that my name is not misspelt.

thanks

The contact No for FBI

Hi all,

can anyone give the phone no, fax no or e-mail address where we can send a request to FBI to find out the name check?

I greately appriciate your feedback, answerw,

Thanks.

can anybody share this info pls?

Techie_ssp said:
Hi all,

can anyone give the phone no, fax no or e-mail address where we can send a request to FBI to find out the name check?

I greately appriciate your feedback, answerw,

Thanks.