What can this be?

jify30

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,

I had been seeing changes in LUDs on my I-485 case for the last 4-5 days daily. The message first changed from "...Transferred to Texas...." to "...pending standard processing...". But today the message changed that "...mailed the document to above address on file...".

I applied for I-485 last year June. My medical was done in May. Did the fingerprinting in August. Got RFE in September, which I replied back immediately (at that time case was pending at VSC).

Now my question is what can this document be. Can this be another RFE or fingerprinting notice?

jify30

I got the message "Document mailed to applicant " on July 7th and still yet to get it. Now they say it might be a RFE ???? Still hoping

Thanks

To gcdelay:

Hi, gcdelay:

When is the last time you talk to them?

Who did you talk to, the TSC IO or just the
1-800-customer service?

Is there recent LUD on your case?

I am still waiting for the document.

Thanks and best wishes.

What's the difference between fingerprinting code 1 and code 3?
How long is the FP valid for?

FP's are valid for approx. 15 months.

FP codes - 1 2 3
Code 1: 10 Finger Prints
Code 2: Thumb Print, Photo, Signature
Code 3: Code 1 + Code 2

Thanks

mycard2004

Recent LUd's are not in 485, you can refer my signature below :

When I called them ( some time in July ) they said, they do not know what it is and I have to wait for 30days, before discussing the same. I then contacted the congressmen and it was not of big help ( they said nothing done and no issues so far with the case ). But when I called them last week, they said, it is a RFE for skin test and they will try to resend it some time sooner, since they are busy with other work load ( guess new filings ).

So far nothing I received. Also around that time, my attorney received a FP notice for me, but since I had got mine done before that, I did not use it. I am consoling myself, that FP notice was the document mailed. Till now I cannot get any clear answer from any one.... still waiting...

Thanks

TSC - EB3(India) PD Apr-2003
I-140 RD - Jan 2004
I-485 RD May 2004
I-140 AD Apr 2005
1st FP June 2005
2nd FP June 2007
140 LUD - 6/24/2007 , 7/3/07,8/9/2007
131 LUD - 7/22/2007,8/9/2007
485 LUD - 7/7/2007
1st EAD - AD Aug 2005 -- LUD : 8/9/2007
2nd EAD - AD Aug 2006 -- LUD : 8/9/2007
765 RD - 7/6/2007
765 Card production ordered - 7/30/2007
765 Card production ordered - 7/31/2007
765 Approval notice sent - 08/02/2007

DEPENDANT LUD's

485 - 06/30/2007
131 - 06/30/2007, 08/05/2007
EAD - 06/30/2007

To gcdelay

Hi, gcdelay, thank you for your reply.

I have a bad feeling about 'Document sent'. After 'Document sent' email,
the case is just stuck and never moves again. We can see for all the ppl get 'Document sent' email, none is approved so far. (a lot of ppl never get the document.)

I think we may be in a bad loop. After 'Document sent' email, our cases
are put 'on hold' somewhere. They will not look at the case until we
respond to the 'document' which we never received.

Although they may admit it's a system glitch, but they don't have to fix
this now.

Thanks and all the best.

mycard2004

Just now I spoke to a NSC person and he said, 90% it means, card has been mailed ( Green Card ) 10% it is approval notice and it can be nothing else. He has no more info.

For your reference, GCCub was a user ( I guess the user is no more active ) used to have the same message around June 27th and the card production was ordered on Aug 13th ( approx. date ). Late it was found that it was approved on Jun 27th itself. There were some more users who got FP notice too. So be cheerful and relax. Nothing we can do...

Thanks

you are exactly right

mycard2004,

I think you are right. I had the same feeling that we were actually in good shape that someone is looking at our cases and then some idiots touched the "doc sent" thing, and we are then being put on hold -- as they felt they had done something for us already and we need to wait for another round.

This REALLY sucks. I would rather not to have this damn DOC.

I was also advised to take Infopass and check with them. He requested me to apply for a new card, since the earlier one was lost :)

Good joke ...

Thanks

mycard2004

Just now I spoke to a NSC person and he said, 90% it means, card has been mailed ( Green Card ) 10% it is approval notice and it can be nothing else. He has no more info.

For your reference, GCCub was a user ( I guess the user is no more active ) used to have the same message around June 27th and the card production was ordered on Aug 13th ( approx. date ). Late it was found that it was approved on Jun 27th itself. There were some more users who got FP notice too. So be cheerful and relax. Nothing we can do...

Thanks

I am very much active, gcdelay, and try where ever I think say something positive.
I am not out yet from GC jungle ..my minor son still need to receive PR Card, though approved (6/27) as us.
Got service request response for him that says approved on 6/27 but expect Biometrics notice..still no sign of it.
Now we planned to travel to India.. but cannot apply AP since he already approved I-485...very absurd situation..

Last edited by a moderator:
GCCub,

Congrats and good to c u again. I cannot resolve my situation till now. Even got the help from congressmen, no signs ?? What is your thought on "Document mailed " ? :(

Thanks

GCCub,

Congrats and good to c u again. I cannot resolve my situation till now. Even got the help from congressmen, no signs ?? What is your thought on "Document mailed " ? :(

Thanks

What is Congressmen's version?
I believe most us are approved/allocated V#s..but some weired way of processing which causing all this confusion..and ridiculous messages..
and delay..wait hopefully something will come up soon.