What can I do to expedite 485

Manish Kedia

Hi:
ncer
My 485 has been TSC EB3(India) w/ priority date 05/95; receipt date 06/98. I just got Finger printed 3rd time on 02/01. It is now over 3.5 yrs.

Is there anything i can do to get thru this? Add to this the biz uncertainity, I am totally freaked!

Pls let me know any help.

No Title

Manish,

What were you doing all these years ?
Buddy, you\'re scaring all of us.
You should have taken some action on your case years ago.
You\'re coming to an immigration site like this after so many years and posing this question, I appreciate the patience you\'ve shown
TSC.
I\'ll advise you to contact your local senator/congressmans office rightaway and make them give TSC a rap on the knuckles and have them process your case immediately.
You can obtain the telephone numbers for your local senator/congressman in www.congress.org

No Title

Manisha,
Sunny has told u right things to do. Otherwise u will never get your GC from TSC. Myself and sunny, we are waiting since last 2 years, we filed our 485. Do not write, go straight to your local senator\'s office and talk to the person, who looks after immigration matters. Tell them to call TSC and expedite your case ASAP.

Good luck.

No Title

Manisha,

Yes, placharya and Sunny are right. You need to do something like going through the senators or something. As I see, whatever approvals that are coming out of TSC(for EB3,INDIA) are all through some other means like involving senators, sending faxes etc. However absurd it may sound, it is true that we have to keep pushing TSC for every small thing, be it a FP redo or some other minor thing. I can\'t seem to understand the huge difference in ways of processing between TSC and other centers like VSC.

Sunny & placharya,
you both have done your second FP some time ago. Did you try going through senators again after that? Since you have done FP earlier than your scheduled date(if I remember correctly), TSC may not be aware of it yet and might be thinking of approving your cases only after the actual FP scheduled date. I am sure you guys are aware of all these things, but sending faxes directly addressing the director might help sometimes. I spoke to an IIO and senators\' office recently and got the same standard reply back that they are processing July 99 and that I need to wait for my second FP notice. It is unfortunate that during these tough times in dealing with INS, the general IT market outside is equally bad causing double trouble for people like me who are on bench waiting for next project.

Anyway, let us hope all of us get the approvals very soon.

good luck,
desi90210

No Title

desi90210,

I will tell you this much! In the past 4 years of my dealing with the INS,I am yet to see a more callous,pathetic organization than them! I recently paid a visit to the local senator\'s office since the phone calls to them were yielding the same cliched reply everytime. While I was there,the rep tried getting the TSC liaison on the speakerphone, but to no avail since that lady was unwilling. So I had to be content with the rep asking her questions about what the heck is happening. I asked about the ACT21 implementation and also told her about the 2nd FP being done before my scheduled date.

About ACT21,I believe they haven\'t had a chance to implement it \'cos they are working on "other" issues at this time. About being able to switch jobs,I could not believe it when she said I had to file a I-129 to extend my H1-B beyond the 6-yr term since I told the rep about the kind of visa I had. I even replied saying "why in the world do u need an extension when I have filed for 485 since one is legal till a decision is made on it".

The bottomline is I have to wait and she even left on an encouraging note saying the wait might be upto 6 mos. for the "processing time" to move from 7/99 to where I am. Man,I was really pissed and I let the senator\'s office know that it wasn\'t anything personal against them,but it is indeed amazing to see that INS gets away with their lethargic attitude inspite of the ACT21 being signed into law by the President of the USA. At least had they enforced that,I would not have cared a hoot about the 485 taking longer than expected. I have to hang on to the same employer dancing to their tunes..They have no earthly idea of how frustrating it can be! I think it\'s time the man upstairs responded:) (left with no alternative).

Manish,agree with sunny 100%. Wake up the TSC idiots thru the senator\'s office. Now!

My details:pD-4/97;RD-8/99;ND-9/99;1st FP 11/99 approved 1/2000;2nd FP done 5/2001 approved same month;waiting for ever!

No Title

I will say send a fax to TSC 214-767-7654 OR 214-489-4012 and ask about the status of your case.Give case details.

I sent the fax to know about my case status and I got the reply in mail by Director of TSC in 1 week. I think they read the fax they receive.

Best Luck.

No Title

VSV,

thanks for posting a detailed account of your attempts at senator\'s office. Yes, I can understand your frustration if they do nothing even after the second FP is done. They(IIOs) were telling me all these days that the only hurdle that is stopping them from approving my case is my current set of expired finger prints. I am sure that is not true as you all are waiting even after giving the seond FP. I am not surprised at TSC\'s response about ACT21. It(ACT21) is like too advanced for them. Most of them don\'t even seem to be aware of their basic duties. So, don\'t take anything that they talk seriously(like I-129 etc). It is all meaningless crap. You talk to 5 different IIOs and you get 5 different answers. I even had the experience of talking to one particular IIO about 3/4 times within 30 days of time and he was telling me different story everytime. He was just talking what ever that comes to his mind at that time.

We seem to be running out of ways of getting justice done to all of us. Since going through senators also is not always helping us, may be we need to get in touch with the a person who is like a head of senate immigration committee/matters and is powerful enough to direct/correct TSC\'s processing methods. It is not that they are not aware of these things, but atleast taking it to their notice mught be of some help. Hopefully their intervention would change the attitude of these senseless morons.

--desi90210

No Title

Hi Desi90210,
after I did my FP before scheduled date, I went to senator\'s office and met the guy face to face. Told him politely how TSC is working. Then only he called TSC to expedite my case, though my approval has not yet come. TSc is working on 7-1-99 cases since 3 months and mine is 6-1-99 case, therefore I started putting pressure on senator and hence on TSC to process my cases ASAP, since everything is ok on my case after my 2nd FP were approved by FBI in last week April. As long as I was writing letters to senators, nothing moved in my case and therefore I request u guys to go and show your face and frustrations to senator\'s Rep. Tell him how TSC is behaving, then only things will work.

Hi myindia,
when sending faxes to both these numbers, I suggest you, to do it on the letterhead of your employer, signed by your employer. Moreover, these faxes if mark ATTN to the Director of TSC, Mr.James Burzynski, then according to my experience u will get some feedback, NOT otherwise.

GOOD LUCK to ALL.

No Title

placharya,

yes, I agree with you. Going in person to senator\'s office is definitely better than talking to them on phone. I have not met them personally yet because I am still waiting for my second FP notice after the expiry of my first FP in April 2001. Today morning I got a call from senator\'s office and she told me that she is working on to get the second FP notice as soon as possible. She told me that she is trying her best to get it by next week if possible. Once I am done with my second FP, then I will go and meet the senator\'s office people in person to see if they can get it expedited.

To say the least, it is very frustrating and sickening that we have to go through all this hell for so long where as VSC and other service centers progress much ahead.

I will keep you guys posted with any new developments with my second FP attempts.

hopefully we will see approvals very soon for all of us long waiters like Sunny,VSV,placharya, Manisha, myself and many more....
good luck,
--desi90210

No Title

All:

Thanks for all the help/direction. I will follow up with both the Senatrors/and send the fax to the TSC Dir. My lawyer has been following up regularly. ( I know bcos I bug her daily). She has been getting the same answer \'not long\'.

The reason I hv been lax is my FP just got completed again in Feb 2001 and I hv been after my lawyer to help me but to not much avail.

I will try both this too.

Another big concern is the job/company stability.

Thanks again