What Banks in CA accept payment for the PR card?

cligsman

Registered Users (C)
I tried to contact Royal Bank in order to fulfill the payment requirement for the PR card but Royal Bank is not familiar with the PR process!!

So how do I tell my bank to fill the required receipt that's required for the PR card application?

What institutions or banks understand how to fill out the payment receipt form that comes with the PR application kit?

Thanks

Cligman,

From your posting, I pressume you are trying to make the paymrnt over the phone? If so, it will not work!!

You need the pink payment form
Fees Receipt [IMM 5401] An original receipt with a unique serial number must be used, to pay any Citizenship or immigration related fees. If you have downloaded the PR application kit, then you will not have the IMM 5401 form. You need to walk into the immigration office, to obtain one, or call CIC and ask them to mail you one (will be maild to an address in Canada only).

Either you have to go in personally or send someone into the branch to pay it on your behalf. Also make sure that you have all of your information filled out on the back of this payment form.

I know for sure that Scotia and CIBC accept the payments, since I have successfully remitted the payments thru these banks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in NY and it seems I have to go in person to CA

Thank you Vault for the valuable information.

No, I live in NY and have the pink copy already. I just called the Royal Bank branch that's in NY and tried to explain what is the PR card and things that help them accept filling the receipt. But they said it is something they are not familiar with. My question is how do I explain to any Canadian bank what I want? I feel you understand what I want. So how do I tell them even if I go in person to a Canada to a Canadian bank like CIBC?. I mean what should I say at the reception desk?

Thanks again

Eventhough RBC has a Branch in the US, I doubt if they will be able to accept the fees for you in the US. Walk into the branch, and go to the teller, give him/her the IMM 5401 and the funds, and see if the branch will accept it. If they do not accept, then the only viable options would be

1.Drive to Niagara and remit it in one of the branches
there.
2.Send it to a relative or friend in Canada and ask them to remit
the payment on your behalf.
3.If you have good relationship with the personal banker at your
canadian bank, you could mail the IMM 5401 with an
authorization letter to withdraw money from your canadian
account and remit the payment that way.

Good Luck!1