What are the options if CP gets rejected.

snehababu

Registered Users (C)
Hi all, I have the following questions.
1. What are the options if CP gets rejected??.. Can we come back with the valid H1B visa to US
2. Can we apply for I485 then??.
3. Everybody talks about the documents in order stated by Srifx??.. What is it and where i can find that out??..

Appreciate your reply..

ur options

When you go for CP, the first things they do is cancel ur H1. Atleast this is what they did on ur passport. Now the only reason a CP can be rejected is if the applicant has lied in the application or tried to falsify documents. If that is the case embassy will not give you any other type of visa to come back to US.

my few cents
VM

Isn\'t it scary

It\'s scary.. In fact i have all my documents are in proper and not lied anywhere. Everything is very original.. Still, it\'s scary.. Never know what the officer would think.. Guess i need to be optimistic and do the CP..

One question regarding PCC

Now as of Feb1, PCC is req. document and if you don\'t have PCC they may not reject the app. and keep application pending but do they still cancel visa??? In this case, if I want to come to NY to collect my PCC what should I do?

Here is my feedback..

I spoke with my attorney and read few things in this forum from that.
Cp can be rejected in two cases.
1. Documents missing or not enough documents to support ur case.
2. You have commited felony or fraud or crime .
Here is the consequences.
1. You will be permitted to travel back to US,collect the required documents and again appear for the cp.
2. Your done if the 2nd reason is the cause for the rejection. It is also clear that your I-485 would also get rejected and u could be deported from USA.
So don\'t worry about anything and go for CP if u have all your documents and if u have not got any reason to be rejected by the second reason.Hope this helps u out.!!!!.

in CAPS below

1. What are the options if CP gets rejected??.. Can we come back with the valid H1B visa to US
CONSULATE DO NOT HAVE DESCRETIONARY POWER ON IMMIGRANT VISA.. THAT MEANS THEY WILL HAVE TO ISSUE IMMI VISA IF YOUR DOCS ARE IN ORDER AND THERE IS NO \'JUSTIFIED\' REASON FOR THEM TO BELIVE THERE IS A FRAUD.
AND YOU NEVER WERE IN TROUBLE WITH LAW/INS/IRS. OR YOU HAVE COMMUNICABLE DISEASE LIKE AIDS OR TB

-YOUR EXISTING US VISA WILL BE CANCELLED AT THE TIME OF INTERVIEW
2. Can we apply for I485 then??. NO, REFUSAL FOR CP IS GROUNDS FOR REFUSAL FOR AOS TOO

DS230-Part II

Please read DS230 Part II on which you sign in front of the CP Officer. Checking on "Yes", will higher the chances of rejection.

DS230-Part II

Please read DS230 Part II on which you sign in front of the CP Officer. Checking on "Yes", will higher the chances of rejection.