What are the current US passport processing times?

vaswamy

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I live in Bay area. We are planning on leaving to India in the first week of December. We've oath ceremony tomorrow.

What are the current passport processing times (regular & expedited)>

What is the fastest way to get passport thru regular processing? Should I go and submit in the near by post office?

Thanks,
Swamy

Just to be on the safe side if you have already booked your ticket I suggest u expedite.You can apply at post office.That takes around 10 days.Regular processing can take from 4-6 weeks.Some people are lucky to get back their passport within 2weeks for regular process.The postal clerk was telling me that during off peak season which is apparetly now;the regular processing is a little faster.My three weeks will be on friday and im anxiously looking out.

Just wait till 14 days before your travel and go to the regional passport agency with proof of travel.
You'll have it next day and it costs the same as expedite at the post office.

i got my passport in 4 days(expedite)...just go to passport agency in san francisco(95 hawthrone,sanfrancisco)....they charge $60.00 more...

i got my passport in 4 days(expedite)...just go to passport agency in san francisco(95 hawthrone,sanfrancisco)....they charge $60.00 more...

Expedite service costs the same whether you go to the post office or to the regional passport agency (in this case you have to provide also proof of travel in the next 14 days).

I was under the impression you can only expedite at the PP Agency, but an earlier posts says PO as well....can someone clarify?

Hi,

I live in Bay area. We are planning on leaving to India in the first week of December. We've oath ceremony tomorrow.

What are the current passport processing times (regular & expedited)>

What is the fastest way to get passport thru regular processing? Should I go and submit in the near by post office?

Thanks,
Swamy

I applied for my passport on 9/25/09 and got it on 10/17 (exact 22 days door to door) using regular processing.

If you want to take a chance you can apply using regular processing and if you do not get it by say Nov 25, you can call Dept. of state and upgrade to expedited processing over the phone. My friend had done it and paid the $60 difference and got it within 3 or 4 days after that.

Apparently you can get the Indian VISA the same day if you go in person or within 7 days by mail but make sure to confirm the VISA time frames with your local consulate or someone who has taken it.

I applied for my passport on 9/25/09 and got it on 10/17 (exact 22 days door to door) using regular processing.

If you want to take a chance you can apply using regular processing and if you do not get it by say Nov 25, you can call Dept. of state and upgrade to expedited processing over the phone. My friend had done it and paid the $60 difference and got it within 3 or 4 days after that.

Apparently you can get the Indian VISA the same day if you go in person or within 7 days by mail but make sure to confirm the VISA time frames with your local consulate or someone who has taken it.

Well Said

If you are travelling within 14 days, get itinerary from travel agent. Take printout and they will look for booking reference number.

Call the automated number to schedule the appointment. You can choose any passport agency, the one more convenient to you.

I know a friend who had an appointment in Philadelphia at 8.30AM in the morning and picked the passport at 11.30AM the same day.

It's that simple if you are in hurry.