What are the consequences I\'d face without the plastic card?

deec

Someone knowledgeable please help: If I don\'t receive the plastic card in the mail before my I-551 stamp expires (12 months), can I get another stamp from the local INS? How hard is it?

Can I file I-90 after 12 months to request for a new card?

What are the consequences I’d face without the actual plastic card?

Thanks for your help in advance.

If you do not have renewed I-551 stamp in your passport

you will go out of status and You can be deported. The INS officer told me at Buffalo.

No Title

GCAspirant,

This is not correct. You should have a uptodate I-551 stamp but your status does not depend on thiat... It is not possible to
go out of status after your get ur GC.

Please double check ur info before causing grief to other people!

unclesam

No Title

the inspector at the port of entry in Atlanta told me that if i donot renew my temporary stamp in case i donot get my plastic card in 12 months, i am no where..that means i am out of here.

but she gave me a form to apply for renewal on the 11th month at the local ins office.
also a form for change of address.

That is absolutely BS

Your status will not expire even your stamp expired.
I had mine renued last week was expired in August 01. Still waiting for plastic card!
CHIINS

What if the job is changed during that time?

What if I change my job after I-551 stamp and I do not receive the plastic card during the year.
When I go to renew the stamp, do I need proof that I am employed by the same employer?
MJ1

No Problem at all

I switch my jobs twice since I had PP stamp in Aug 2000 and renewed in July 2000 and last week too. No question been asked in regards of jobs!

Chiins