what are my rights?

I think, you should be aware that in case something unanticipated thing happens, you are at your own risk. Think twice, inquire with a couple of lawyers before you take that step. No one really knows what happens. They may not entertain this kind of things, because if they treat you well, the others may flood to the vermont office. And they know that.
Good Luck . . .

Jan485,

When I said BCIS office ... I meant the regional office in Vermont ...not the local office ...the decision making takes place at the regional office ...the local offices are responsible for completing the stamping procedures ....

However ...local offices can make decsions on cases that have been transferred to them ...

But if you feel that local offices have the authority to approve cases ....then our friend should go there instead ...

Maxx.

to the above gentlemen

Would like to tell me how to contact the senators? How to check which senator should we contact? What kind of reason should we use to ask the senator to help?
I live in montgomery county, maryland.
Appreciate your help.

RD 12/18/01
ND 1/3/02
FP 06//02

The Senator to contact is either of the two US Senators representing your state. However Senators are not obliged to do anything. They look at you as a ptential voter and try to help. they are more helpful if a US citizen in their state has a problem with BCIS for their spouse/adopted child/etc., It depends on the Senator's views on immigration too.