What are my chances of success?????

jasse99

Registered Users (C)
My employer had filed my LC under EB3 with PD 7/2001. The problem is that the ad put up for my job (Soft. engg) is very generic and no experience was mentioned. Worse, BS in engineering or equivelent was asked. It was filed under RIR but in 2003, when my turn came up, the lawyer reverted my application to 'regular' processing since many (6-7) eligible people responded to the ad.

My question is that is there any hope that the labor will go thru successfully with such requirements? I'm also in my 7th year of extention! Please suggest what should i do?

jasse99 said:
My employer had filed my LC under EB3 with PD 7/2001. The problem is that the ad put up for my job (Soft. engg) is very generic and no experience was mentioned. Worse, BS in engineering or equivelent was asked. It was filed under RIR but in 2003, when my turn came up, the lawyer reverted my application to 'regular' processing since many (6-7) eligible people responded to the ad.

My question is that is there any hope that the labor will go thru successfully with such requirements? I'm also in my 7th year of extention! Please suggest what should i do?

response from 6-7 people is not big.

generic job description has much success chance than restrictive rir category.

as you are in 7th year you dont have much chance but wait.

file another PERM

To be on a safe side file another PERM, instead of waiting on labor front, you could end up waiting on the PERM+140 approved side, that way you can get H1 extensions easily for upto 3 years. If you do get H1 extended, change employers file another PERM ....to improve career or whatever...or else stay with the same employer and wait for retrogression to become current or old labor to clear. You have double saftey, what if your old labor is denied...you will not have any other option. THat is my take.

My RiR case got closed, stupid/arrogant attorney is trying I guess to reopen it...but I am filing PERM end of this month. That way I have another chance...since I am still in 5th year. If this PERM gets cleared I will immediately file 140....

There is a rumor not sure, but for all 140 approved applicants, they might allow or extend AC21 to change employers or even file 485...if that is the case who cares about that @#$%^&* labor...you know what I mean.

jasse99 said: