what are contents of packet 4?

Milind Bhave

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My CP interview is scheduled end of May. I will be directly going to Chennai for the interview from US. I have just received the interview letter but not packet 4. I called up the embassy and they said I could download it from their website. I couldnt find anything called packet 4 on the website.
I need to know what are the contents ( forms, instructions) of packet 4 and where to download them from.

Thanks in advance
Milind

Milind Bhave said:
Hi,
My CP interview is scheduled end of May. I will be directly going to Chennai for the interview from US. I have just received the interview letter but not packet 4. I called up the embassy and they said I could download it from their website. I couldnt find anything called packet 4 on the website.
I need to know what are the contents ( forms, instructions) of packet 4 and where to download them from.

Thanks in advance
Milind

Good luck with your CP interview. !! Uploaded forms are helpful and looks easier than 485.

packet 4 and plastic card

Hello Milind,

How did u receive the interview letter. Did u receive it through fedex/UPS/USPS to your present address in US?
How long before the interview date, did you receive your interview letter?

Also any idea after the interview where and how(fedex/ups/usps) was the plastic card delivered.

The reason why I am asking is: my PD is 20 June 2002 and I have been stuck with the retrogress issue with EB3. I wanted to move to a new apartment taking a P.O Box.

Any info appreciated
Subhash

Hi Subhash,
I have received the appointment letter through regular mail from India only 15 days before the interview date. Since I was regularly polling the Chennai consulate website, I came to know of my interview date about a month in advance. This gave me some time to plan the trip, book tickets, get my docs ready etc. You can get the current appointment schedule at
http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/wwwhivappoint.html. You need to have your case number given to you after USCIS forwards the case to the consulate.

If you change address, you have to do the following :

If your 140 is already approved and your case is with NVC, call NVC and let them know that your address has changed. That address will then be propagated to the other stages.

All immigrants are also required to intimate USCIS of change of address through form AR-11.

Hope this helps,
Milind

Hello Milind,
Thanks very much. That is really helpful. So looks like chennai consulate uses regular mail. So I will move out and use a P.0 box. Of course will also submit Ar 11 and notify nvc to after moving.

Good luck with your interview.

Subhash

Hello Milind,
Actually it was suggested by my real estate attorney who also practised immigration. She mentioned that when she also moved to her new office she did the same thing.
Taking a P.O.Box does not mean we get P.O Box address. All the mails to my old address instead of being delivered are held at that box. So i still receive mails even if I moved.

/s