What all reports are covered under financial statements

Registered Users (C)
I am not sure what all reports are to be sent while filing I -140 petition. The crude word \'finacial statements\' does not have significant meanining. Does that mean W2\'s, Profit & Loss statements, Trial balance, Assets and Liabilities, employers qtly. returns ( which depicts salary awarded to the employees and tax deduction).
Is that all OR ny thing plus minus ?
I have been working with my current employer for last 18 months. Do I need to send experience letter from my existing employer besides all my past employers. Aprreciate, if some one could attach the format of this experience letter.
Please reply back. Urgent !!
Thanks in advance !!
May God bless everyone!!

The exact word "audited financial statements" does have a meaning

Normally INS wants tax returns and audited financial statements. What you need to send depends on the size of the company too (over 100 employees means just a letter from the CFO).

Speak to the attorney handling your I-140 or wait for the RFE and INS will tell you exactly what they want.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
http://www.geocities.com/jamesdmillsesq/
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

No Title

Thanks Jim:
what happens if INS denies I-140 without RFE in absence of all required documents. I am sending tax returns for 2001 and financial statement. This would be un-audited statement as books are not yet closed. I am not sending bank balance outstanding , W2\'s etc... while filing I-140. I guess this would be ok. Right ?

Thanks

No Title

Hi JIM,
 I Received RFE from TSC has mentioned the following :
"According to Title 8 of the code of Federal Regulation,part 204.5 any petitioner filed for an employment based immigration must be accompanied by evidence to establish that the petitioner had the financial ability to pay the offerd wages as of the date of filing the labour certification and continue to have such ability.Such evidence must include copies of the petitioner\'s annual report,federal tax returns, or audited financial statement.
In this case the petitioner indicates that it employs 100 people.Therefore,please submit copies of the IRS Forms 941 filed by the petitioner during the 2000 and 2001 tax year showing the number of employees and the wages paid."

My lawyer has submitted my companies Tax returns for year 2000 and 2001 and also 941s for all Quarters of both years in response to this.

Any views ??????

Financial Records and I-140

From my experience I can say that it is best to let INS send you WHAT they really want in response to your I-140 as far as financial records are concerned. It seems they view each case on its own perspective and then decide what to ask for their satisfaction. So just wait with patience. The bottom line for INS in doing this is that they want to verify company\'s ability to sustain in business and pay the salaries.