What after labour approval?

ritu75

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My labour finally got approved from philadelphia BEC. (case filed from philadelphia only) lawyer told that 1-140 papers are being prepared, 488 papers also being prepared keeping in mind visa number availability opening in october 2005. case in EB3. can someone please guide as to what is the procedure from here on. how much time it takes for 140 to be processed. what exactly do we mean by retrogession of eb3 dates? when can 485 be filed and how long does it take to process that. at what time can ead be obtained.
all are very naive questions but i don't know anything about this. any information will be really appreciated.
Thanks.

Ritu,

is it for NY State, I just wanted to know how long it took to get your
approved Labour from the 45 days of letter
. my lawyer said, received the 45days. i try to eastimate for my case.

what is list of doucmetn to file for I-140
thanks

hi rits!
Once labor is done you file for 140, since you are in philly you will apply in vermont service center they are currently processing applications dated march 26th 2005.keep checking the USCIS website to see how fast it is going, i think they update the website twice a month.attached is the link
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=Vermont

My guess would be it will take around 5-6 months to get your 140.(sept 2005-march 2005=6 months)

Due to the retro rule, you will have to wait till the priority date to get current to file for your 485.thats going to be the longest haul of all as the priority dates have shifted back to 1998 (which means- if your labor was filed in 98 and your 140 is approved you can apply for your 485 today and they will process it rightaway.In the software techy way you can say it is "first in first out" scenario.)

good luck

;)