What about this? Should this work?

greenie05

Registered Users (C)
Guys, your comment and/or thought on whether the following idea makes sense would be appreciated:
"Given that I don't want to get stuck at my current employer for years under this semi-slavery I'm staying in the US until my 6-year H-1B limit reaches. And I am returning to my home country and stay there for a minimum 1 year to be eligible for another round of H-1B. And coming back to the US as a graduate student as F1 and upon graduating start working with OPT and later switch to H-1B".

Does this make sense?

greenie05

only if you have not used OPT before...OPT can only be issued and used once in your lifetime.

greenie05 said:
Guys, your comment and/or thought on whether the following idea makes sense would be appreciated:
"Given that I don't want to get stuck at my current employer for years under this semi-slavery I'm staying in the US until my 6-year H-1B limit reaches. And I am returning to my home country and stay there for a minimum 1 year to be eligible for another round of H-1B. And coming back to the US as a graduate student as F1 and upon graduating start working with OPT and later switch to H-1B".

Does this make sense?

greenie05

Sick_of _waiting, thats not true. the law has changed two years ago. Now you can get OPT after you finish both bachelors and Masters.

Not a bad idea but

greenie05 said:

Does this make sense?

greenie05

why would you want to come back as a student? You could come back on a H1 through your current employer or another company.