What a situation.. Any suggestions..

BVRV

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

Here is the situation...

Reputed, Stable Client company manager wants me to convert to an employee and myself & even the consulting company are OK with it.

But client wants GC approved before joining and not EAD as per their policy. My PD is January and god knows when this is going to get approved. I have already postponed explaining the story to manager from 6 months and now I see cost cutting measures coming very soon and I guess there is no mercy at that time.

I am laughing at my fate. I know there are great companies but looking at this economy and other factors I'm scared what to do.. But for now I will have the ball in his court.

Just sharing..

:) :confused: :(

Question

BVRV,

I dont have any suggestions, except saying "Hang in there!!"

I was curious why your company wants to give you employment only if you have GC, and not EAD. They dont have to sponsor a visa or go through immigration stuff anyways. What differrence does it make to them as long as you are in the country and allowed to work?

Jay

bvrv,

i believe legally they are under no obligation to hire EAD status. they may chose not to hire green card also. there are government agencies who only hire citizens.

does your client normally sponsors h1 and other immigrant stuff? i am not surprised that an employer wants to stay away from all kinds of immigration processes.

hang in there. and i am assuming when you said PD in jan you actually meant RD in jan right?

Thanks guys

Thanks guys for your replies..

I think I've to hang in there as I currently do not much options left..
I meant RD when I said PD.. Guess all these pros predictions to start Nov become real..

Ravi