Were you inspected by an immigration officer at your last entry to US?

UE

Registered Users (C)
I\'m filling out I-485 form and don\'t know what to say about the question above. Certainly everybody has to be inspected when he goes through customs. But is that guy an immigration officer? The paralegal of my lawyer told me to say yes, but then she told somebody else to say no. so I\'m confused. Any suggestions?

No Title

I mentioned a no, based on my lawyers suggestion. He asked me if during stamping of the arrival date on your pp, and printing I-94, did the immigration officer question you on anything. If he did, put yes, if he didn\'t put no. I wasn\'t asked any questions and I-94 was printed and date stamped without any questions, so I answered a no.
aGCSeeker.

DISCLAIMER: This is just my personal experience and not a legal advice.

No Title

I was advised to answer "Yes" because my I-94 was issued after the immigration officer determined (via \'inspection\' of my visa/passport)that I was admissible to the US...

It just reiterates this fact, but if you can provide I-94 info, I guess it\'s no biggie...

No Title

If you have an I-94 card that records your LAST entry to the US (even if its validity is expired), then you should say YES since you have been inspected by the Immigration Officer. I-94 cannot be obtained without an Immigration Officer Inspecting your documents. There may be other documents which can prove the same but I am not aware of them.

Saying NO "may" mean that you have entered the country illegally.

In any case consult your attorney because this is just my opinion.

No Title

\'Saying NO "may" mean that you have entered the country illegally.\'
Agree!