Went to local office for 2nd FP without receipt - but no luck

achyuth

As dengdeng pointed out that whengc went to the local BCIS office without the 2nd FP notice, I went there today in the morning.

I went to the Buford Hwy, Atlanta ASC. A courteous guy who checks the paperwork said that it cannot be done without a notice from the BCIS. I even told him (just to get in) that my 2nd FP was generated by BCIS and that they wanted me to go to the office without the notice. He told me that in that case I need to go to the main office to get that notice. Thursday I would like to try my luck again with the main office. Anyone has any idea what are the least busy timings at the Atlanta main office?

My details:
RD Dec 17, 2001
ND Dec 28, 2001
FP Mar 14, 2002
RFE June 13, 2003
RFE replied and updated: July 19, 2003

Last edited by a moderator:
Frantic, have you replied to your RFE?

Looks like BCIS will send the FP notice only after they receive your REF response. I'm hoping so - 'coz we'll be sending our RFE respone this week.

Wish you goodluck!

What are the advantages in doing a 2nd FP when BCIS has not requested yet ?

Maybe BCIS is lenient in some cases and would approve with out second FP..

Thanks

Please help in understanding the 2nd FP issue !!

Wow - now after reading so much about 2nd FP concerns, just wondering that are we panicking too much ?

After all is the BCIS not reponsible to follow-up on 2nd FP notice or is it the applicants ?

Do we jeopardise by been impatient ?

Dont get me wrong but why do we need to chase the 2nd FP notice - is it the understanding from BCIS that we need to be responsible for it ?

Thanks.

RD: 10/26/2001
FP: 04/04/2002

Sorry to hear about your story. I had better luck at my local ASC (in IL coz I moved here recently). In my case, I had received the 2nd FP notice but my wife hadn't. We went anyways and explained to the Immigration Officer (we took a copy of the 1st FP notice and her receipt for the same). He allowed my wife to be fingerprinted.

I guess it all depends upon the person you are dealing with. I guess it depends upon the experience of the officer(s) with such exceptions.

I also agree with the post by another person in that we may be hitting the panic button earlier than required. If BCIS has not generated a 2nd FP notice, then there's not much one can do. If you have a lawyer, talk to them to see if they have received it and if so, take that. If neither has received it, then you can request BCIS to re-send it. If you receive the notice past its appointment, you can request another date, or take it to the BCIS ASC and show them the post-mark - they should FP you or tell you what your alternatives are.

Things are pretty slow at BCIS (now that's a surprise right?;-). While this is frustrating, just know that there are thousands in the same boat... don't feel lonely.

2nd FP is needed for all expired FP cases. There's no way they will allow expired FP. Don't dream on that.

VSC sometimes forgot to send out FP notice, they are very messy. If your spouse has one, go, you two can both have finger print done, that's what the local office is told. If you both don't have the finger print notice, you have to wait.

I have asked moderator sending an email to whengc, who got his second fp notice done without notice, and got approved in a month. We'll see how he got it. He said he went to local office first, and filled out a form, then after several days, he did 2nd fp at support center.

We'll see :D

While this is frustrating, just know that there are thousands in the same boat... don't feel lonely.

This should not deter you from being innovative and get the things done. There is nothing wrong with trying something.

my experience

Hi Frantic, I went to Boston BCIS Office last Saturday without my original Notice (second FP) and was let me in and did FP. However, my wife has her original one so I quess Dengdeng is right: you need to have at least one notice. Wish you receive the notice soon.

485102001, do you say wait for 20 months and not panic - good that we have not gone insane. My FP expired on June 13, 2003 and I have not received anything yet from BCIS w.r.t 2nd FP. Who said we are panicking - we are trying to do all the things possible.

I was told by my lawyer that if a case is being processed by a Officer then the 2nd FP is sometimes exempt. Most of the cases that generate 2nd FP without RFE etc are cases which have not been alloted to any officer. But there are always exceptions.
If you have not got 2nd FP then do not Panic wait it out maybe your case is being processed.
Regards,

I don't think your lawyer is right. If the case is not assigned, then the 2nd FP is sent out right after your first FP expired. Many ppl
got the notice months after first FP expired. Which doesn't make sense.

dengdeng and frantic

How can you guys be so sure that people won't get approved if their FP has expired. If they have started processing your file and they are waiting for some info (which could take few weeks), they may not generate FP.

Every notice from BCIS has a unique receipt number. If you go for FP without a notice how will they track the results? I think it is a crazy idea...since we do not understand the BCIS process...our innovative ideas can only cause delays for you as well as others.

If everyone (whose FP has expired) panics and do their 2nd FP (without notice)...it could lead to information overload.

I would suggest that we take action only when we are asked to.