Went to Local INS center(Dallas) today for Advance Parole

aaina

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
  I have applied for I-485 in june and I got the receipt and EAD in the first week of august. In the second week of august I applied for AP. But I haven\'t got receipt yet. I need to travel to India in Oct. So today we went to local ins cenetr(Dallas) at 5 AM for emergency advance parole. When we reached the counter for token the person who sits there said since your lawyer has filed all the things in Mesquite service center so we can not give you AP from here. We asked can we get the AP from there. She said that is only a PO BOX. We asked then from where we should get emergency AP.
She didn\'t give us reply. After coming home, we called INS customer service they said that Dallas district office should give you that.
If some one has faced similar problem in past. Please share your experience.

Thanks a lot.

No Title

I had same problem at Dallas. Once you applied at mesquite, local INS people wont\'t help you. Best bet for you to call mesquite and ask them to process your AP. Everything they mailed it to me except AP they mailed it to my Lawyer. Check with your Lawyer if they received anything. But i am sure they will send UR AP before OCT.
GOODLUCK!!!!!!

Thanks a lot for your reply

I am really thankful for your reply. Can you please give me the Mesquite phone number or is it the same which is on I-485 receipt i.e.
214-381-1423

Thanks a lot.