went to interview today, but they said i need to wait for the background check??

johnsonyj

Registered Users (C)
went to interview today, but they said i need to wait for the background check after finish the interview??

Johnsonyj

I went to interview on Feb-07 (this is my second interview) the officer even did not know why I was being interviewd again she said I have to wait for name check, she cant approve the I-485 till the name check is back. I have asked the congressman for help, his staff say the same thing: WAIT!!!
Now I have asked another congressman for help his staff following the issue with FBI, hopefully they will respond within a month,
Next plan will be a LAW SUIT it is gonna cost me around $4000.00 but I am willing to pay it
-------------
Filed I-485 & I-130 on Sep-04
FP on Nov-04
Interview on Feb-05 (Kansas City)
File transfered to New Orleans Mar-06
Second Interview Feb-07
and still waiting for Name check!!!!

:confused: : Is there a reason that you are not willing to wait:confused: I imagine matters in New Orleans slowed it down a lot too. Alot of people have to wait for namecheck to complete the interview. Maybe I missed something in your post:confused:

Why are you bugging Congress after so short a period and time since interview? Be patient, it should work in your favor.

I applied for AOS (Family based, my wife is US citizen)on Sep-2004, and finger printed on Nov.-2004.
I did my first interview on Feb-2005 and the officer said every thing is normal all documents are complete and I will get the GC within 4 to 6 weeks ( This was in Kansas City where I originally applied).
I moved to Louisiana on Aug-2005 right before Katrina, so I waited for things to go back to normal an the USCIS office open back up the office was open on April-2006 and my file was sent to New Orleans from Kansas City.
I was asked to attend another interview (2nd. one) on Feb-2007 in New Orleans I showed up with my wife and this time lawyer the officer said every thing was normal (as far as documents) but she did not know why I was interviewd again the I-130 was approved but she could not approve the I-485 because of FBI name check still pending, she was suprised that the name check was not back and I was interviewed for the second time.
So the name check pending for more than 2 years and I think this is taking too long ( people being approved within 6 months and less)
I wait to get something back from FBI through congressman so I know where is the hold up.

do you guys know that if they pass the background check, are they going to sent me an e-mail. usually how long does it take? i see people got GC in 10 days, 2 weeks, 2 months and some time people can take more then 2 years.

Sounds like you're waiting for namecheck to complete, and since it hasn't already happened, one can assume you're going to be stuck for a long time. There's not a whole lot you can do, except wait and perhaps file for mandamus. Tricky problem, and a lot of people are in the same situation.