well, fellas, looks like the crap list just got bigger...

Pork Chop

Registered Users (C)
... to include us pakis, too, in this "special registration" deal. not that i have anything i have anything useful to add here, but i just thought i'd blow off some steam.

sure, many of our compatriots are illegal immigrants, but i'd be hard pressed to find a fellow paki who is not doing something useful here. be it programming a computer, or driving a taxi, you won't find us in gangs, or even in terrorist groups, at least here in the u.s.

because of the stupid policies of our previous governments, we are in everyone's crap list. even though sharfoo is bending over backwards to cooperate with the u.s. in its war against terrorism, even though the biggest breaks in this war came about because of active cooperation of pak authorities, we still get banded in with the rest of them.

well, if it is inevitable, enjoy....!

Why all these hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont know why INS doing all this, instead of this they can deny VISA to all muslim countries. This will stop all the problem. They themselves understand because of whom they are suffering.

Pork Chop,

Excellent point and I have been pretty steamed up about this too. But there is nothing we can do but just obey the law. If we don't go, we will be in a deeper hole. And if we do go, we will be interrogated. It sucks but we can thank a few psychos for this and now we all have to suffer. All I can say is that this is ridicolous. Paks are contributing just as much as any other immigrant here and we have bent over backward on this war. But the thanks we get.....

All I can say is that Canada is looking better every day.

Sorry folks but I just had to vent a little.

Pork Chop- where are you by the way??

I totally agree with you guys, Canada is looking better but NO JOBS there. I have been reading on Shusterman website about all the people that have gone through the Registration crap and i will be honest, the experience is not good.
Some of them got Hand Cuffed and sent to detention centre right away and were asked to provide credit card information as well as Bank accounts. Good luck guys. It definately looking ugly NOW........

Siddiqi,

I totally agree. It is looking very ugly. I was reading the same thing on shusterman last night and it freaked me out. There is an article on ACLU-

http://www.aclu.org/ImmigrantsRights/ImmigrantsRights.cfm?ID=11479&c=22

Hopefully this will make some sort of a difference.

But Canada is looking much better. As far as jobs go, my friends that have migrated have been pretty sucessful with jobs. But then they are not IT related, more business development and project management. My brother migrated 2 years ago, and he found a good job in less than 6 months. So, I guess it depends what field one is in. I am more business/project management and have found several on canadian job sites.

But this whole thing going on here is BS. But there is nothing we can do but just wait and see. The INS website has been updated and no mention about Saudi Arabia, Pakistan or Armenia yet.

As far as IT goes

USA:

More Oportunities
But all this BS now

Canada:
No IT Jobs and generally less oporunity (and cold too:eek: )
But no BS (at least not till now)

What I can say is all of you who are in US should keep the phone number (or mobile) of you lawyer with you all the time. I am not talking of just th immigration lawyer but someone who deals in other matter as this matter in this post.

What one can hope at this point is that this will not go on forever.

I agree with Mercury, keep a number with you at all times. Things are getting tougher every day. But this will not last forever.

Keep your options open and if you qualify for Canada, APPLY !!!!!

Hi, Texas

sorry for not replying earlier. i just posted my message and didn't visit the forum until today.

i am a computer geek earning my living in des moines, iowa. i am also a canadian landed immigrant; i landed in sep. 2000, stayed a day, came back to the u.s., never went back.

thanks to the changes in the canadian immigration laws, i guess i am back in status again if i return before sep 2003. with this freeze on i485 adjudications (my RD/ND is 2/2002), and with a similar fate as the japanese-americans during WW2 possibly in our future, canada just might be in my future.

what's your situation? are you a GC holder or adjustee?

keep in touch!

Pork Chop,

Thanks for replying. I am in Dallas, TX and an adjustee. Still waiting for the past 6 months with no news and many more to go.

I have also applied for Canada, my brother is a resident there and his wife is a citizen, so I thought there is no harm in applying, a plan B. But this plan B is looking more like Plan A now. Medicals are sent, with required documents they asked for earlier this month, so just waiting for papers. Hopefully I will get them very soon so I can land before this deadline, February 21st.

Send me an e-mail, sometime. My hotmail e-mail is TXdeltachi@hotmail.com.

Good luck to all of us and please post any experiences during this registration process.

:)

my 2 cents

My fellow neighbors ( PAKIS),

U.S. policy for decades: “chew and spit”. Pakistan has been there before and now it is time again to repeat the same routine. Your president can bend all he wants but this country (U.S.) is currently run by DIXIE – CRAT. Take a look at attorney general John Ashcraft’s background and you will find how friendly he would be to immigrants and minorities.

Another point I would like to make is that we all cannot hold U.S. government solely responsible for such kind of action. No offense, but Pakistan government was in bed with Taliban and Bin-Laden gang for decades now, and it was about time to ditch the bad influence. As we all know sometime you have to pay price to be part of bad company. I wish you all the best, but this new requirement will create huge problems for illegal folks
(Most of them are hardworking people.).

Sincerely,

RamFan

Last edited by a moderator:
true words, RamFan...

your assessment is accurate. the chickens have certainly come to roost for the pakistani gov't, and, as for america, there may come a time that many will question if getting a B.J. in the oval office was really as bad as what followed...

i guess my point is best stated in urdu/hindi: kare koi, bhare koi...