welcome notice mailed or card production ordered: what is the difference?

maverick13

Registered Users (C)
I have noticed for the people who got approvals at NSC in the last 10-15 days, some are getting the welcome notice mailed as:

On XXX, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Others are directly getting "card production ordered" email...

What is the difference between the 2?

For those like me who havent got "card production ordered" email...is there anything to worry as far as approval is concerned?

Is there a specific sequence to getting the actual GC: like first welcome notice, then ADIT processing, then card production ordered, then mailed, then get the actual card?

I am quite confused also. I got the "card production ordered" email first, and the status hasn't changed since.

Not sure but I think u will receive welcome email if u need adit processing and card production ordered if u don't need adit processing

Not sure but I think u will receive welcome email if u need adit processing and card production ordered if u don't need adit processing
It's completely random. We all got Welcome notice and then I got "card mailed", my wife and son "approval notice sent". We all got GC the same day.