Welcome Notice mailed April 12

Asylee1993

Hello Everyone,

I have been a silent member of this forum for years..and now..after waiting for more than 13 years, I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel, "I think". There is nothing certain with INS, I will keep having doubts until I see that plastic card in my hand.

Just wanted to let everyone know that after calling to update my address on 3-31-06, I received a letter from CRIS on April 11 saying they received my address change and they gave me an update of status on all my pending applications within that email and told me that my I-485 is on its way to an officer for review. Today, April 13, I checked my status and it says that they mailed me a welcome notice.

... What's weired is that I missed the part where I should be jumping from joy and feel that sense of excitment..Maybe It hasn't hit me yet.

Arrived in US and applied for asylum: 1993
Asylum Granted: Dec 1998
I-485 Notification Date(ND): Feb 2001
Request For Intital Evidence (RFI): June 05 (never received it)
(I-693, and G-325A) Mailed w/out RFE notice October 2
Bio: October 05
LUD: October 13,05
BioCode3: Feb-01-06
Welcome Notice Mailed: April 12, 2006
**Some more waiting***

Last edited by a moderator:
Asylee1993 said:
Hello Everyone,

I have been a silent member of this forum for years..and now..after waiting for more than 13 years, I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel, "I think". There is nothing certain with INS, I will keep having doubts until I see that plastic card in my hand.

Just wanted to let everyone know that after calling to update my address on 3-31-06, I received a letter from CRIS on April 11 saying they received my address change and they gave me an update of status on all my pending applications within that email and told me that my I-485 is on its way to an officer for review. Today, April 13, I checked my status and it says that they mailed me a welcome notice.

... What's weired is that I missed the part where I should be jumping from joy and feel that sense of excitment..Maybe It hasn't hit me yet.

Arrived in US and applied for asylum: 1993
Asylum Granted: Dec 1998
I-485 Notification Date(ND): Feb 2001
Request For Intital Evidence (RFI): June 06 (never received it)
(I-693, and G-325A) Mailed w/out RFE notice October 2
Bio: October 06
LUD: October 13,06
BioCode3: Feb-01-06
Welcome Notice Mailed: April 12, 2006
**Some more waiting***

COngrats! You are among few of us here who applied for asylum in early 90's but saw their cases finally open in late 90's..whereas those who applied in 1996 saw a turnaround time in 1 year or less.

Thanks Want,

By the way, Thanks for sharing your time and experiences on this forum. I always used to read your posts and got a great deal of knowledge from them. Thanks for all your help.

I'm wondering, how long does it take for the welcome notice to arrive and will the green card be in it? They usually say that they approved my case and ordered my card, and they they say that a card has been mailed. Where does the welcome notice fit in with all that?

I already wrote a few posts on it. A welcome notice is no different than an approval notice as it will say "your application has been approved" on it once you receive it in the mail. I got my welcome notice in the mail in 7 days and two days later i got my GC in the mail. That said you, like want, may be unfortunately waiting a bit longer; who knows for sure. In any case, you are a PR now so congrats.