"Welcome Notice" is not "Approval Notice" !?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mazdur_desi said:
Phew judging from the list of ORs - I guess I was not able to explain clearly
>>Is it that the issue is not with whether the notice was approval or >>welcome but that of incorrect WAC numbers?
This is the correct answer.
The notices were mailed out to correct recipients with incorrect WAC numbers but the recipients were approved.

Thanks a lot for the double quick response. In that case, any mail from CIS concerning approval means that the case is approved, right (atleast according to her)?

Did anybody on the board receive an approval message with wrong WAC number?

Last edited by a moderator:
USCIS “Welcome Notices” Indicate Actual Approval of Adjustment of Status Application

Guess bad news travels faster than good news. Now the seed has been planted. Junta's hearts are in their collective throats. Is it over? Is it really over?! Really?

http://www.jackson-hertogs.com/news/2004/0707.htm

USCIS “Welcome Notices” Indicate Actual Approval of Adjustment of Status Application
The USCIS California Service Center (CSC) has informed our office that the erroneous “Welcome Notices” it recently issued for Adjustment of Status applications indicate that the I-485 application was in fact approved. When we initially contacted the CSC about these notices, the CSC believed that the notices were automatically generated by a problem in its computer system. The CSC has since learned that the erroneous notices were issued due to clerical computer entry errors when the I-485 applications were reviewed and approved. Although the “Welcome Notice” approval notices indicate that the Adjustment of Status application has been approved, these documents are not valid immigration documents and cannot be used to complete ADIT processing and obtain a passport stamp indicating that the applicant is a permanent resident.

Jackson & Hertogs clients who receive an I-485 approval notice labeled “Notice Type: Welcome Notice”, should contact our office so that we may bring it to the attention of the CSC. The CSC has advised our office that it will investigate each affected application individually and ensure that a regular, valid Adjustment of Status approval notice is issued within a few days.

why Jackson-hertogs.com confuses us.....

www.jackson-hertogs.com/news/2004/0707.htm

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Although the “Welcome Notice” approval notices indicate that the Adjustment of Status application has been approved, these documents are not valid immigration documents and cannot be used to complete ADIT processing and obtain a passport stamp indicating that the applicant is a permanent resident>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The above statement is from his news.

My self and couple of other people (in this thread) went to INS office with this Welcome Notice and we have completed our Stamping process and ADIT processing. If they are not valid immigration documents then how INS office process ADIT applicatio(I-89) and how we got our passports stamped I-551.

Its so confusing.....

any view(s) on this is appreciated......

Dec02 said:
www.jackson-hertogs.com/news/2004/0707.htm

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Although the “Welcome Notice” approval notices indicate that the Adjustment of Status application has been approved, these documents are not valid immigration documents and cannot be used to complete ADIT processing and obtain a passport stamp indicating that the applicant is a permanent resident>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The above statement is from his news.

My self and couple of other people (in this thread) went to INS office with this Welcome Notice and we have completed our Stamping process and ADIT processing. If they are not valid immigration documents then how INS office process ADIT applicatio(I-89) and how we got our passports stamped I-551.

Its so confusing.....

any view(s) on this is appreciated......

Did you find Notice Type: Approval Notice. I have not seen any posting on this forum getting two separate letters: Welcome Notice, Approval Notice. What is the significance of Welcome letter. The moment your I-485 is approved you are welcomed as permanent resident. You do not need a separate welcome letter.

gcusa99 said:
Did you find Notice Type: Approval Notice. I have not seen any posting on this forum getting two separate letters: Welcome Notice, Approval Notice. What is the significance of Welcome letter. The moment your I-485 is approved you are welcomed as permanent resident. You do not need a separate welcome letter.

Dec02

I think you are a live counter example to Jackson-Hertog's statments. Since there are many others in this boat, I guess it is time for you to relax.

Whoever said "knowledge is power" is lying. Knowledge is half-power and half-hypertension.

mazdur_desi said:
Thank kinganil for the response.
I got stamping done today. Will post detailed experience in another thread for easy referral later.
The guy took the photographs + I 797 Notice of action (with Welcome to United states ...) , asked me to sign on I 551 application and got my fingerprints.
I did not specifically ask him if the case has been approved though he did take a printout from his computer on which, from what I could see, some of my biographical details are printed.

Attorney says that I should wait for a couple of more weeks since an inquiry is already on my case which is missing online. The response of that enquiry may give more clues. In any case, I wanted to continue with renewal of EAD and AP (ain't seeing any end to it...) hoping that a denial of EAD / AP stating that underlying 485 petition has been approved may give more proof. Attorney advised to wait for a couple of more weeks before applying for renewal

I forgot to ask a question to kinganil / dec 02
did you guys have your online case status missing?
PS : The address on I551 can be a PO Box address. I gave them a P O Box instead of street address. I specifically asked the IIO if one can give P O Box addresses on application forms. He said yes and also claimed that BCIS can accept P O Box address. That contradicts the instructions on the AP / EAD forms that require a physical street address to be provided.
The saga continues...

Did you approval notice mention anything about going for stamping?. I received an approval notice that says you will receive you Permanent resident card in 3 weeks.?

I would appreciate you answer Mazdur_desi :confused:

gcusa99
Dude the text of the letter is different. The notice type is welcome notice in both cases. Kashmir had posted the so called authentic notice in http://immigrationportal.com/showth...4025#post784025 and had also posted this link in his earlier posts in this thread

Instead of the text that he listed
---begin
Please take this notice, your Arrival/Departure Record, Form I-94, your passport, and two ADIT style color photos meeting the specifications listed below, to the local INS office listed below to have your fingerprint and signature taken on Form I-89, and otherwise complete processing for your Alien Registration Card. The address of your local INS office is:
---end
the text present in the 'false' notice pertain to welcoming the applicant in US and that he/she would be sent a permanent resident card.

I will try to type in the whole text (or scan) if confusion still continues but I guess this should suffice

Locking this thread since welcome notices have been confirmed to be valid approval notices. Having this thread up will cause confusion to a few people out there. Please open a new thread or post in one of the threads we have up already on this issue that say welcome notices are valid approval notices.

Status
Not open for further replies.