"Welcome Notice" is not "Approval Notice" !?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same case here. Got stamped on July 02 without photos

Hi Gang,

I also receied the welcome approval notice. I went to Santa Ana
office and got stamped (I551) on July 02 without surrendering any of
my souvienirs (photos, EADS, or APs or I94s) or Finger print.

I double checked with IO and she said if they neeed photo
they ( Laguna Niguel) will ask for it ).

Today I updated the Soc Security card also by showing the
I551 stamp.

Dec 02 did they take FP or Photos for u ??

Don't tell me they are gonna send me to exile once again!!!

Regards,

I received confirmation in "black and white" today

I have received written approval notice today from USCIS. I was worried after reading this thread...
All the best..
GGC/WAC-03-110-XXXXX

Me too.

I did not get any Welcome Notice. On my letter, it said Approval Notice...go to this office for your fingerprints/signature taken on form I-89 and so on. Tomorrow is when I go. One question:
Are ADIT style photos the same we have been taking all along?
+What are the things one needs to take besides
Arrival/Departure Record?
I-94
Passport

Plastic anyone ?

Friends,

Has anyone who received this "Welcome Notice" that mentions that they will receive the Green Card in 3 weeks, actually received the card in 3 weeks of approval date?

My approval notice date is June 17. I was planning on waiting the 3 weeks (which ends this Friday) & then go to the local BCIS office to enquire about my card. Is it mandatory to have my passport stamped?

Also, I am planning on travelling to India in August & I am not sure how that will be affected by this approval? Can somebody pls tell me more about this stamping in the passport foro I551 process?

Thank you for your time,

U better take stamp...I am still waiten after 3 weeks

Iamwaite....

U better take stamp (I551) before u travel.

I got the Welcome approval notice just like urs on June 17
I got pp stamping in July 02 but the moron IO at Santa Ana
did not take photograph or FP. I asked if she is sure??? I asked
how can I get card without photo...She said
"If Laguna office needs it they will ask for it...Wait
for 90 days"

****Perhaps they do not want to take FP for the 5th time!!!***

I am going to call 800 number sometime this week about the card
status.

Regards..

Amazing...

kingAnil007 said:
I asked how can I get card without photo...She said
"If Laguna office needs it they will ask for it...Wait for 90 days"

I am going to call 800 number sometime this week about the card status.

The USCIS is still giving you a headache after all those years...? :eek:
Good luck & please keep us posted.

Yes AI_PSD

U r right AI_PSD.....

Looks like nothing much has changed over the years....
After digging and lying in wait for over 7 years and
even after approval there is still some unfinished business
to tackle with INS(CIS)

kingAnil007 said:
Hi Gang,

I also receied the welcome approval notice. I went to Santa Ana
office and got stamped (I551) on July 02 without surrendering any of
my souvienirs (photos, EADS, or APs or I94s) or Finger print.

I double checked with IO and she said if they neeed photo
they ( Laguna Niguel) will ask for it ).

I551 stamp.

Dec 02 did they take FP or Photos for u ??

Don't tell me they are gonna send me to exile once again!!!

Regards,

I551 stamp.

Do we have to update our SSN card? I have not heard before? What will they change in present SSN card?

Thanks,

WAC 03-053-----
RD- 02/12

Its_Coming said:
I551 stamp.

Do we have to update our SSN card? I have not heard before? What will they change in present SSN card?

Thanks,

WAC 03-053-----
RD- 02/12

Guess you did not pay close attention, there were several posts by approved members stating that after the stamping they went to the Social Security office and got a new SSN (ofcourse the number is the same). Currently your card would have a line which states "CAN WORK ON INS AUTHORIZATION ONLY", this line will be removed now that you are a permanent resident.

Hope this helps.

IamWaiting4Ever said:
Friends,

Has anyone who received this "Welcome Notice" that mentions that they will receive the Green Card in 3 weeks, actually received the card in 3 weeks of approval date?

My approval notice date is June 17. I was planning on waiting the 3 weeks (which ends this Friday) & then go to the local BCIS office to enquire about my card. Is it mandatory to have my passport stamped?

Also, I am planning on travelling to India in August & I am not sure how that will be affected by this approval? Can somebody pls tell me more about this stamping in the passport foro I551 process?

Thank you for your time,

You are definitely better of getting the approval stamping on your passport. The stamping is what tells concerned officials that you are a lawful permanent resident of USA. I am not sure what your problem is in getting stamped especially after getting approval. You have to take all your I-94 records, passport and 2ADIT photographs along with your EADs and APs. Typically the Officer at the local office is only concerned about your I-94 records and then he/she takes your fingerprints and photographs and finally stamps your passport with the I-551 stamp which is as good as the actual physical card. You can travel without any issues with this stamping. HENCE PLEASE GO AND GET THE STAMPING DONE ASAP so that you can peacefully travel. THERE HAVE BEEN SEVERAL POSTS ABOUT FOLKS QUESTIONING IF THE STAMPING IS REALLY NECESSARY AND MANDATORY, it is very much because they take your fingerprints and pictures which will be used to manufacture the card when they stamp your passport HOPE THIS HELPS.

Guys!

In this forum we saw atleast 3 or 4 cases and I know one of my friends has got an approval or welcome notice, but still their I140 is pending. Probably this is applicable for those cases, I guess.

Any thoughts??

I got a welcome notice today
Details:
WAC-02-269 series
RD : 08/30/02
ND:09/02/02
1st FP : 09/25
2nd FP : 06/21
2 EAD / 2 AP
Applying for 3rd EAD / AP

Dec 02 and kingAnil007 - did you just take the courtesy notice or did you also get the photographs and all other memorabalia that CSC asks when it sends the conventional notice?

mazdur_desi said:
I got a welcome notice today
Details:
WAC-02-269 series
RD : 08/30/02
ND:09/02/02
1st FP : 09/25
2nd FP : 06/21
2 EAD / 2 AP
Applying for 3rd EAD / AP

Dec 02 and kingAnil007 - did you just take the courtesy notice or did you also get the photographs and all other memorabalia that CSC asks when it sends the conventional notice?

What does "Welcome Notice" mean without Approval. How they are different as far as Green Card Processing. Any input is helpful.

I took Original Notice, not the courtesy copy.

they may accept courtesy copy, i don`t have any idea.

I took Photos(2), AP,EADs, My Tax Documents, W2s. everything, I know that they are not required. But i took all of them with me.

Finally officer took 2 photos, I-94 thats it. When i am trying to give AP documents officer said No I don`t want them.

Its depend on the officer. Take 2 photos, APs, EADs and valid passport with I-94 are must. Remaining documents its up to u

Hi Dec02
Thanks for responding. Since you were able to get the orignal copy and passport stamping, does it mean that the 'welcome notice' (not the approval notice) is genuine. I called up NSC today and told them that the notice I received says welcome to united states (ironical statement now that I am planning for my exit) and if that meant that I have been approved.
The lady checked her database and said that approval notice with incorrect WAC were mailed between 06/22 and 06/24 (though all of them were approved) and that there is no other recorded error. By implication, it means that my case has been approved.
Am planning to go to INS field office tomorrow and see if they can do the passport stamping.
Response from you will be helpful

gcusa99 - the answer to your question lies in the beginning of the thread.
Thanks

Update on adventure

I got I5551 stamp just by showng the original approval notice...( You can
call it Welcome notice without instructions for photos or to appear in local office for stamping)

IO did no ask for photos or FP even after my insisiting to double check if photos are reqd.

Strange experience gang...

Still no sign of card even after 3 weeks as promised in the notice.

I called 800 number and they still do not want photos or FP for the card.
IO on the 800 number does not have a clue why!!! She told me to call back
after 30 days i.e July 16 to inquire about the card status

Thank kinganil for the response.
I got stamping done today. Will post detailed experience in another thread for easy referral later.
The guy took the photographs + I 797 Notice of action (with Welcome to United states ...) , asked me to sign on I 551 application and got my fingerprints.
I did not specifically ask him if the case has been approved though he did take a printout from his computer on which, from what I could see, some of my biographical details are printed.

Attorney says that I should wait for a couple of more weeks since an inquiry is already on my case which is missing online. The response of that enquiry may give more clues. In any case, I wanted to continue with renewal of EAD and AP (ain't seeing any end to it...) hoping that a denial of EAD / AP stating that underlying 485 petition has been approved may give more proof. Attorney advised to wait for a couple of more weeks before applying for renewal

I forgot to ask a question to kinganil / dec 02
did you guys have your online case status missing?
PS : The address on I551 can be a PO Box address. I gave them a P O Box instead of street address. I specifically asked the IIO if one can give P O Box addresses on application forms. He said yes and also claimed that BCIS can accept P O Box address. That contradicts the instructions on the AP / EAD forms that require a physical street address to be provided.
The saga continues...

mazdur_desi said:
Hi Dec02
Thanks for responding. Since you were able to get the orignal copy and passport stamping, does it mean that the 'welcome notice' (not the approval notice) is genuine. I called up NSC today and told them that the notice I received says welcome to united states (ironical statement now that I am planning for my exit) and if that meant that I have been approved.
The lady checked her database and said that approval notice with incorrect WAC were mailed between 06/22 and 06/24 (though all of them were approved) and that there is no other recorded error. By implication, it means that my case has been approved.
Am planning to go to INS field office tomorrow and see if they can do the passport stamping.
Response from you will be helpful

gcusa99 - the answer to your question lies in the beginning of the thread.
Thanks

Mazdur_desi

Can you clarify the above. What did the lady tell you exactly.

Are all welcome notices between 06/22 and 06/24 bogus? (OR)
Are all approval notices between these dates bogus? (OR)
Are all notices between these dates bogus? (OR)
Is it that notices given on these dates are approved anyway? (OR)
Is it that the issue is not with whether the notice was approval or welcome but that of incorrect WAC numbers? (OR)
something else...!?

Thanks for answering.

Phew judging from the list of ORs - I guess I was not able to explain clearly
>>Is it that the issue is not with whether the notice was approval or >>welcome but that of incorrect WAC numbers?
This is the correct answer.
The notices were mailed out to correct recipients with incorrect WAC numbers but the recipients were approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.