Welcome Notice-Is is approval?

dancininthedark

Registered Users (C)
Hello guys
I have received the welcome notice on 6/25 for me and my wife but have not yet received the approval notice yet & I am going for biometrics tomorrow.

Is my GC approved? I am not sure since I have not received an email saying my I485 is approved.

Also why do some people get I485 approved email & some get welcome notice and some directly get the card ordered email.

Max or someone else Please clarify the confusion, would really help!!!!!

Below is what I received........
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On June 23, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

I got the same email and thought I got approval.. man enjoy.. whatever you got .. assume its approval and proceed with party.

Finally Got It

Dear friends,

Today late in the evening we got the approval mails.
What is ADIT processing means? What is it all about?

EB3 - 09/02 (own labor)
485 - 08/04 LUD : 08/19/2006 Approved : 6/26/07
EADs - 3
APs - 3
FPs - 2 Biometrics - 1

please reply on ADIT processing.

Thanks all. This forum is very useful.

SaiPrasanth.

Then what is the difference between welcome notice and I485 approval notice and why do some people get welcome notice and some get I485 approval.
Is it that some additional processing is remaining for people who only receive welcome notice.

Experienced GURUS Please clarify!!!!!!!!

I got the same email today. Can the GURUs clarify what does ADIT mean ? Does this email mean approval? Can't wait more now!!! :)
---
we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later.
---

I did some googling on ADIT and got the below information.
----
ADIT processing (i.e., temporary stamp placed in passport at USCIS),

--

ADIT (I-551) stamping

Applicant appears at local USCIS for ADIT processing, as outlined in Jackson & Hertogs' AOS approval letter. Applicant will not be scheduled for an ADIT appointment, ADIT processing is done by "walk-in" basis ONLY.

Once the applicant adjusts his/her status by completing ADIT processing, s/he is given the I-551 permanent resident stamp in his/her passport.

---
the above info is from this link http://www.jackson-hertogs.com/process/aos.htm

----
Hope everything is good to GO

Dancing
They are just formalities of USCIS. You are approved and if you
don't have to fly out of country tomorrow sit tight for a week and
you will get you card, which concludes your gc processing....

Now you go and pray for me.

babu

Then what is the difference between welcome notice and I485 approval notice and why do some people get welcome notice and some get I485 approval.
Is it that some additional processing is remaining for people who only receive welcome notice.

Experienced GURUS Please clarify!!!!!!!!

Thanks Sbabunle. Any idea why we had biometrics 2 done on June 27th whereas I got approval on JUne 25th.

Also I still have not received the cards ordered email. Do i have to be concerned?

Hi Gurus,

Congratulation dancininthedark !

I got the same email as dancininthedark and yet I am waiting on the next communication.

Thanks !

One more update email received after the welcome email. Recevied the Approval email on 6/29. Moved to next step. Waiting for the email on Card / Physical card.

i got 2 emails form uscis regarding I-485
1.we ordered production of your new card. Please
allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from
you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call
customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we
process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
2.we mailed you a notice that we had registered this
customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any
instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed
within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT
processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you
move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also
receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow
the link below to register.
WHAT I SHOULD DO AFTER,SHOULD I GO FOR A STAMPING OR NOT

i got 2 emails form uscis regarding I-485
1.we ordered production of your new card. Please
allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from
you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call
customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we
process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
2.we mailed you a notice that we had registered this
customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any
instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed
within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT
processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you
move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also
receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow
the link below to register.
WHAT I SHOULD DO AFTER,SHOULD I GO FOR A STAMPING OR NOT

Are you planning to travel internationally in the next 30 days?
If not then just hold on, you should get another email that says 'Approval Notice Sent' or 'Card Mailed' This will have your actual Green Card.
It took me 8 days to get that email after I first got the 'Card production ordered' email, so it can take more or less for you.
Good luck.