Welcome notice and Green Card

rich_harding

Registered Users (C)
I found this forum this week and it has been helpful for our interview. We had our interview yesterday and got approved. The officer stamped our passport with I-551 valid for one year. Since we are married for more than two years, he has written IR-6 in the passport and told that we should receive green card in six weeks.

Today, we learnt that the appartments where we live are getting converted to Condominiums and we have option of either buying or leaving the appartments in two months. Since we cannot afford the condo, we have to move.

How long does it normally take for the Welcome notice and Green card to arrive? Any ideas or suggestions if the green card does not arrive in 2 months, what we need to do?

Congratulation on your approval. As the next step , you should expect to receive emails indicating that the I-130 is approved and a welcome notice has been mailed. Within a week of this, there would be another email indicating card production ordered . From the previous posts , it looks like the card gets to you within 10 days of receipt of the email .
If you have to move , change of address would be the next step. You can now do this online .

umd_mba,

When should I expect to receive emails indicating that the I-130 is approved and a welcome notice has been mailed?

We had our interview on 3/27 . The approval email and welcome-letter-mailed emails came in on 3/28 . Today (3/30) , we got the "card production ordered" email .